Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

Posts
87
Likes
71
That was a brave decision based on that photo 馃榿
That's why I am surprised when it arrived, the case is still pretty sharp and finishing is still there.

Seller didn't provide photos of movement, till I've opened the "mystery box" myself. I am amazed how clean it is, no corrosion etc.
 
Posts
87
Likes
71
A gorgeous watch. A quick Google pulled this up. Tempted myself.
Bought a few amazing pieces this month, im pretty dried up. So, less desirable pieces have to go. Lol
 
Posts
5,318
Likes
54,097
Bought this today one in a growing list of Lorus Fusion chronographs.
Lorus is certainly on the cheaper end of watches I collect but there is a charm to them and the Fusions are a cut above most run of the mill Lorus watches in terms of quality and build.

 
Posts
9,254
Likes
77,074
Bought this today one in a growing list of Lorus Fusion chronographs.
Lorus is certainly on the cheaper end of watches I collect but there is a charm to them and the Fusions are a cut above most run of the mill Lorus watches in terms of quality and build.

In the days before I discovered vintage watches, I wore Lorus and they never let me down.
 
Posts
613
Likes
5,529
16234 from 1988

Previous owner preferred this dial on the watch



It did however come with its original dial

 
Posts
5,318
Likes
54,097
This just arrived yesterday, Roamer 44 in working order, will be off to my WM tomorrow for a service and lens change

 
Posts
236
Likes
913
Spotted this Eterna Matic in Recommended Good Value Vintage Deals -thread for 拢140. Thanks @Spruce 馃榾 Even with the damaged lugs this is a lovely daily driver.

beautiful, simple, clean. is this considered bauhaus?
 
Posts
844
Likes
6,758
beautiful, simple, clean. is this considered bauhaus?

Bauhaus would be even more simple and clean. My watch has a lot going on, even though first impression is "clean & simple". Even the indices are decorated with grooves.



This is considered Bauhaus:



.
.
.
... sorry, I couldn't resist 馃榿 Check out Nomos if you are interested about modern Bauhaus inspired watches.
 
Posts
9,254
Likes
77,074
Nice 1966 cal. 561 168.017 which has travelled/traveled all the way from Tampa.

Hoping I haven鈥檛 bought a lemon

 
Posts
269
Likes
371
Ok! I shouldn't have but -


Not in the flesh for a while, still time to concoct a story for Mrs. 馃槈
Nice, I like the no lume dial.