Forums Latest Members

Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

1. ulackfocus Jun 4, 2014

DIBS!!!! (and yes, I know this watch is the reason you've sold a few off)

You'd be surprised. For a watch company as prestigious with such fantastic in-house movements, it's surprising how inexpensive their vintage pieces can be.

Let me know how good that book is on vintage.

2. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Jun 5, 2014

Confirmed the deal about the Limited Speedmaster Apollo 11 45th Anniversary 3 minutes ago per phone with my local dealer :)

Now i have to wait probably until september ... :-(

Unbenannt.png

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2014

It's more of a coffee table/promotional history book. I was hoping it would be more use as a reference book, but it's a very long way from being that. AJTT it is not.

That said, it tells the Piaget history very nicely & has a lot of great photos. The photo's are fairly random though - loads of ladies watches and jewellery creations, only a small handful of the 1960's men's ultra thin refs you'd want to see. The pics are beautiful so it's a nice book if you get it cheaply enough. Just don't expect it be your best buddy in vetting purchases - you mostly get 1 front pic per watch & no more, with no or litle horological information.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2014

Congrats mate! Did you see the thread with it on the X-33 Ti bracelet btw? looks like a cool alternate combination to the NATO

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 9, 2014

Yes - done it many times mate. Gunsmithing is generally pretty crude work compared to watches.

The 760 has a smooth bore because it shoots both pellets and BB's, so I wanted something a bit more accurate as well, so the new one has a rifled barrel. That old 760 didn't owe me anything as I'm sure I have put thousands and thousands of shots through it in the nearly 40 years I've owned it...

6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 9, 2014

A vintage Jaeger LeCoultre.

Needs some work before I can wear it.

Any strap suggestions?? :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

JohnSteed, adam78, Matty01 and 2 others like this.
  7. cristos71 Jun 9, 2014

Very nice triple date! I just love the hour hand too :)

citizenrich and Darlinboy like this.
  8. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 10, 2014

I've never heard of "Neri" and assume it was a store brand of some retailer…. but, if I'm wrong and you have any info re: the brand please don't be shy. Arrived today from Korea (to NYC) in just (4) short days. The dial is a punch you in the face cobalt blue done in sunburst. It's really nice. @37mm x 12mm, I feel this a "perfectly" sized wristwatch. The case is solid stainless steel (looks like chrome, right?) and surprisingly heavy for a winder. As you can probably tell, I'm really smitten :) Sellers pics:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Darlinboy and JimInOz like this.
  9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 10, 2014

Just take the buckle of your cowboy belt, I'm sure this would fit ;)

How does the day/date/month work, on discs or ribbons or some other magical complication?

10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 10, 2014

Dibs

11. ICONO Jun 10, 2014

The nice Man from UPS called earlier this evening..........Quick image just out of the wrapping......1967 Omega Speedmaster Cal 321.....All the way from Milan

Parcel also contained all the 'original period parts' - Hands, Pushers, Original Crown, replaced over the years. - Movement serviced, & balance of '2 year guarantee' for next 18 months. - Just missing original Bezel.

My very special thanks to Spacefruit, Kringkilly, & others for the kindness of their time, & the generosity of their advice.

Right ! - Who has a very good condition 'DON' bezel, ........hidden at the back of a drawer,........ & possibly for sale ?

SPADJ.jpg
    JohnSteed, hansmaulwurf and Tritium like this.
  12. Ferik Jun 10, 2014

I cannot confirm nor deny that I bought this today:
    [​IMG]

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 10, 2014

That's the one that was described on ebay in the description as a "Volcano" wasn't it :)

14. Ferik Jun 10, 2014

Yeah, what did you think of it?

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 10, 2014

Just had this one arrive, Constellation C-Case 168.017

OF2_2308_DxO2.jpg

JohnSteed and Dablitzer like this.
  16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 10, 2014

No idea, I bought it on a the 'bay and don't have it in hand yet. I have not found one like this anywhere else yet, which is one reason I picked it up, but no doubt will turn up some info eventually. Most of the JLC's commonly found are either the Atmos, or vintage travel alarm clocks.

Any knowledge on these welcomed. I am sure it will need a service, and trying to figure out who to use for that too.

17. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 11, 2014

arrived today, quick pic. 145.022-68

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

18. bigdubnick Jun 11, 2014

In from Argentina...gonna stare at it for the day and then send it to get serviced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Northernman, rhetoric and Darlinboy like this.
  19. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 11, 2014

I like the way you think.

bigdubnick likes this.
  20. NT931 Jun 12, 2014

It shakes! It buzzes!

photo(5).jpg

Northernman, Alpha, Hijak and 13 others like this.