Are there other members who coerced their wife/girlfriend into wearing vintage Omega's?

Not an Omega (though she does wear my old 30T2 occasionally), but I bought her this (fairly) old Tudor for her birthday a couple of years back, which she really likes, and wears most days.

Like 6
I had exactly the same watch as your wife has @Deafboy Cal.244 right?
I think you are right about the movement. These things are tiny! Quite impressive really.

Like 1
Forced? No. At least I don't have to force her to wear her favourite Omega. I've bought three vintage (1950s and 60s) Omegas for her, but there's only one she would opt for, on her own. The other two? Well, on special request from me, she would wear either of them. My favourite of the vintage watches I've bought for her is a diamond set 14-karat white gold 1920s vintage Gruen. Never wears it!

Like 1
Definitely not forced over here. The better half does take some interest in the hobby but no where near the obsessive extent that I do. She currently wears the Apple Watch I got her for her birthday last month. It's more a functionality aspect I believe.

If she does become more interested I will certainly take the time to educate her but also make sure she does some research on her own.

My wife had little interest and used to just wear her dress watch, a 1990s Quartz De Ville that we bought new, together. She prefers small watches with a size that used to be the standard for ladies watches whereas nowadays, they've generally become too large for her.

Having got interested in vintage watches, a couple of years ago I built her this SM60. She doesn't care that it's a franken and loves it. About 25 mm diameter and with a terrific cal 684 inside - basically a 2/3 sized cal 56x but running at 21600 A/h. Quite a feat. The colour is right for her so, that helped a lot.:D
sm60.jpg

Having set a precedent.... a daft little present being a Mickey watch - she likes wearing this as well so, another good choice.
mickey watch.jpg

You can tell we've been together a long time as I have a fair idea what she likes:rolleyes:.

She's not interested in wearing any of mine as they are just far too large - I think even a sixties Constellation is 34 mm diameter and as for a 42 mm SM300 or Speedmaster.... Here's that SM60 with some boys watches:

Three.jpg

If she liked your first present, there are some really nice vintage watches in ladies sizes and the prices are pretty good as well.

Cheers, Chris

Like 4
@ChrisN I love it, the SM60 is a beauty! I already got her a steel Genève and another steel Seamaster so for now she has enough. Love your SM's as well, both in great condition.

@ChrisN I love it, the SM60 is a beauty! I already got her a steel Genève and another steel Seamaster so for now she has enough. Love your SM's as well, both in great condition.

"Enough"? That word only works on this forum if it's preceded by "Will never have "....

The SM120 is a very nice watch but the SM300 is a new build in the same way as a Watchco so should look good.

Cheers, Chris

Like 2
Wow, your ladies have some seriously great taste in watches! I've been thinking about purchasing a nice watch for my fiancee. I think it will help my situation a bit, since she is teasing me about my new obsession of watches. However, I shudder the thought of a Seamaster SM60 suffering the same fate of her oversized Michael Kors watch...

Like 2
My wife likes me buying watches to give her cover to buy stuff. Only thing I own that she would even think about is an early 50's Seamaster and I put a strap that is the right length for the Fouche Creek monster (Arkansas version of Bigfoot) so it's not in play :)

Seriously she'd never mess with the business of setting dates and most everything I own except the Seamaster is day date or date. She bought a quartz watch then asked me to wind it which left me utterly baffled until I realized the time was wrong. I "wound it" to the correct time. :)

Like 2
Good for you @ChrisN, and for her -- it's a really nice SM60!:thumbsup:

Like 1
@arkstfan my fiance went to a local watch repair shop with the first Omega, she throught it needed a new battery after 2 days

Like 2
@arkstfan my fiance went to a local watch repair shop with the first Omega, she throught it needed a new battery after 2 days
Yeah when I said it was a quartz watch she asked if that meant it wouldn't get scratched so easily. Let's say watch knowledge wasn't the attracting factor.

Like 5
"Me think that she'll eventually wear that old Ladymatic after this treatment..."
IMG_0943.GIF

Like 2
No way I could force anything on my wife. She did end up stealing my weekend watch, though. It's definitely a step up from the $10 Casio she was wearing before. And definitely gonna take up a few notches to something better next year! ;)

Black pie pan with gold markers and hands was lost to my wife months ago ,bought from a member here cheers
I do find more ladies wearing what were gents dress watches nut they are a great size for them .0156.JPG

Like 7
"Me think that she'll eventually wear that old Ladymatic after this treatment..."
IMG_0943.GIF

Fetch... the comfy chair!

comfychair.jpg

Also, check your title @Jeroensv... coerced* (still perhaps not the best choice of words but who am I to judge).

Like 1
I think he meant forced as in like "bought it for a birthday present so she felt obligated to pretend to like it even though it wasn't really her thing", I know one of my brother's regular customers is a Submariner guy and bought his wife a very heavily patinated vintage Tudor snowflake so they could wear his and hers Subs in public. I commented to her that I liked it and her response was something along the lines of "I'd be happy to give it to you and say it was lost but he'd only go out and buy me another one" as she had her own Cartier Tank and TAG Heuer Alter Ego before they were married and found the Tudor hideous yet didn't want to hurt his feelings since it was a gift he'd put a lot of thought and effort into.

But yea the title does sound kind of weird and strange.

Like 5
I bought this for my husband some time ago but didn't have to coerce him into wearing it. It was a Bday gift. He even let me wear it (once) when I was working from home. In fact, I'm working from home tomorrow. Maybe I'll wear it. And it's my new avatar, but that's his hand. :)

2998 2.jpg

Like 12
I bought this for my husband some time ago but didn't have to coerce him into wearing it. It was a Bday gift. He even let me wear it (once) when I was working from home. In fact, I'm working from home tomorrow. Maybe I'll wear it. And it's my new avatar, but that's his hand. :)

2998 2.jpg
Nomination for wife of the year from me, that's beautiful.

Like 5