Forums Latest Members

Apollo 13th 50th Anniversary deposits?

1. jcz5 Nov 4, 2019

The OB that I work with have not started taking deposits. Its funny with the Apollo 11, they started taking deposits 2 years before. But now with A13 slated for release next year...no mention of deposits.

Maybe Omega corporate learned their lesson and trying out a new model

2. Evitzee Nov 4, 2019

Most dealers didn't take deposits on A11 until it was revealed in March 2019. Same thing with A13, wait until it is revealed next year. And interest in the A11 is far greater than A13 overall.

3. weimi1 Nov 4, 2019

4. YY77 Nov 4, 2019

Don't think Omega won't be doing a 50th A13, even the latest Seamaster 50th James Bond based on a movie Omega had not involvement in was a sales opportunity.

5. weimi1 Nov 4, 2019

I hope so too, but so far from two sources have heard that there will probably be no 50th, again a Speedy Thuesday. Maybe she has something to do with Snoopy?

6. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 7, 2019

Imagine a Speedmaster with the Apollo 13 mission logo at the 12 o'clock position wuth just OMEGA underneath it... like the Apollo-Soyuz Speedy... all produced watches made available one-per-person to the SpeedyTuesday community via online pre-registration :whistling:

7. Omega-Q Nov 7, 2019

Same thing at mine. There are ADs that are supposedly taking deposits, but as of now there are just rumours...

8. Evitzee Nov 7, 2019

I think those dealers that are taking deposits are doing it on their own, it's not Omega supported and doesn't guarantee anyone is going to get a watch. In the US, boutique deposits (usually 100% and refundable) for the Apollo 11 were locked in by Omega USA and the buyer was guaranteed one of the allocated watches for the US market. But that was AFTER confirmation that such a watch was going to be released along with some details like the edition size, use of gold, etc Right now everything is airy fairy and in the ether on this phantom model.

Edited Nov 7, 2019
  9. Donfiore Nov 26, 2019

Just contacted the Omega Brazil Country Manager and she told me that she doesn't have any news on the watch yet, and they will only be able to take deposits in March after the watch is launched on the new Omega event since they left Baselword.
    They can't take deposits because since the watch has not launched there hasn't been a code created for it yet, so guess we'll have to wait guys.

10. Redadmiral2 Nov 26, 2019

Omega are going more direct with their customers via the website.
    Boutiques are no longer being given priority over new releases.
    I bought the latest bond seamaster and was on a prompting list regarding the new white seamaster.
    I’ve also been told that the future bond watches will be available by this avenue also.
    This is only what ive been told in the uk.

11. Donfiore Nov 26, 2019

Unfortunately in Brazil we still cannot purchase via the website, so our only option is to get the watches via AD or the OB, which there is only 1 in the country

12. scapa Dec 5, 2019

My AD had no news, but confirmed that they will not be taking any deposits until the announcement -- and that they will not have any guarantees on allocation (unlike previous Apollos, when they were told they'd receive X and could contact customers accordingly). They do have several Bonds in the queue.

13. speedy_fan Dec 5, 2019

There might be little chance Omega going for online sales for Apollo 13. By doing so, how does Omega reward their boutique regular clients? Putting in a disadvantage situation where luck play a major role for online purchase.

Om3ga321 likes this.
  14. Om3ga321 Dec 6, 2019

I agree with your take on the situation.
    It would also lead to an increase in flippers .Speedy Tuesday l and ll comes to mind.

15. Newatch321 Dec 6, 2019

Dropped a deposit a few weeks back, will see what happens.

16. Vale21 Dec 6, 2019

Really waiting on it, have many questions in my mind, LE and how many? 2-3000 or more 5000-7000?

17. Vale21 Dec 6, 2019

Apollo XIII patch on it, or snoopy silver?

18. Vale21 Dec 6, 2019

Price is also a big point here, as recent watches that came out were more on the top of the scale price?

I bet for a price near 9-10k

19. weimi1 Dec 6, 2019

I always hear deposits, is really strange, I never had to do a deposite here in Germany. Other countries different manners.
    Here he would have to deliver me an Apollo 13 if I had made a deposit on it.

My statements to Bond were correct that I had gotten from my dealer, so I believe him, the next statement was no Snoopy but a new Speedy Thuesday.

20. 64Wing Dec 7, 2019

So, much discussion on the watch design itself...but I had a thought the other day regarding the box which has yet to be discussed.

I think it would be the most unique approach if Omega fashioned the watch box after the improvised hydroxide canister the crew had to reproduce in the LM after the folks on the ground came up with the procedure.

Who else has any thoughts about the box design??