apollo 11 50th moonwatch bracelet available?

Patience is rewarded. Looking forward to how you size it up and modify it to properly fit older Speedmasters.
I'm gonna pack up the dremel and polish that tab down to perfection tomorrow at work. That's the plan anyway 😉. Small amounts off at a time while checking fitment. If possible I'll get a measurement on the final tab protrusion dimension for others to go by.

Well I sat down and gathered my dremel, mini vise, and assorted fine sanding drums to get this job done. First thing I did was test the bracelet on my SM300 since that's the watch I specifically bought this for. Turns out.......... it's a perfect fit without modifications just as @LeonDeBayonne said in another thread. Perfect may not be the correct word to use since the end link really isn't made for this case, but the endlink is not "tipped" at all (from the front) and from the back its hardly tipped, in other words, it flows perfectly with the case visually. Is this the correct way to install endlinks......... absolutely not but there is hardly any movement and they sit perfectly with correct spring bars so I'm happy.

Fitted to my speedy pro and the endlink is tipped way too much for my OCD (there's plenty of pics out there showing this) Since this was purchased for my SM I'm going to call good enough alone and just leave it without any modification. In fact removing or lessening the lip would actually make it tip in the opposite direction I though it was going to need to go when used on the "Watchco"

I will say this about the 50th bracelet however, it is much smaller and thinner than I was expecting. Also much lighter than I thought. This may turn some people off. I love it but it's not what I thought it was gonna be Haha. I would have preferred a little thicker of a link (see picture) but I'm not trying to nitpick it. And of course.... an obligatory watch pic. Excuse the smudges. Sorry for no endlink "tipping" pictures, I tried to capture it but I just can't get a focused shot. Like I said, it flows perfect from the face but on the wrist side its "tipped" .025" or about .5mm

Trust me, thicker doesn’t mean better. That bracelet is the best I have had on any watch. It’s terrific.

looks great on the SM.

Trust me, thicker doesn’t mean better. That bracelet is the best I have had on any watch. It’s terrific.

looks great on the SM.
Just preference. I like a little heft.

Looks great. I like that you report that it’s thinner and lighter. I find my stock Speedy bracelet too heavy, when I wear the watch in strap it is so light. Somewhere in between would be good for me and this looks like it may be it.

Well I sat down and gathered my dremel, mini vise, and assorted fine sanding drums to get this job done. First thing I did was test the bracelet on my SM300 since that's the watch I specifically bought this for. Turns out.......... it's a perfect fit without modifications just as @LeonDeBayonne said in another thread. Perfect may not be the correct word to use since the end link really isn't made for this case, but the endlink is not "tipped" at all (from the front) and from the back its hardly tipped, in other words, it flows perfectly with the case visually. Is this the correct way to install endlinks......... absolutely not but there is hardly any movement and they sit perfectly with correct spring bars so I'm happy.

Fitted to my speedy pro and the endlink is tipped way too much for my OCD (there's plenty of pics out there showing this) Since this was purchased for my SM I'm going to call good enough alone and just leave it without any modification. In fact removing or lessening the lip would actually make it tip in the opposite direction I though it was going to need to go when used on the "Watchco"

I will say this about the 50th bracelet however, it is much smaller and thinner than I was expecting. Also much lighter than I thought. This may turn some people off. I love it but it's not what I thought it was gonna be Haha. I would have preferred a little thicker of a link (see picture) but I'm not trying to nitpick it. And of course.... an obligatory watch pic. Excuse the smudges. Sorry for no endlink "tipping" pictures, I tried to capture it but I just can't get a focused shot. Like I said, it flows perfect from the face but on the wrist side its "tipped" .025" or about .5mm

How has your wearing experience been? The anniversary bracelet seems awfully thin compared to the 1171. Does that work out in the long run for this watch (the Watchco)?
On another note, you mentioned Leondebayonne. However his photo in the other thread seems to show a different bracelet code. Are we sure this is the same bracelet?

How has your wearing experience been? The anniversary bracelet seems awfully thin compared to the 1171. Does that work out in the long run for this watch (the Watchco)?
On another note, you mentioned Leondebayonne. However his photo in the other thread seems to show a different bracelet code. Are we sure this is the same bracelet?

In the long run I still love the bracelet. It fits great to the sm300 and is very comfortable. The only downside for me is combination of polished parts, thin'ness and the 20/16 tapper definitely gives off more of "dressier" look... if that makes sense. Since I was going more for a tool watch look I cant say I'm 100 percent satisfied but I am a strong 99.3 percent happy haha. In all honesty, if I walked into a store to buy this and they had one I could handle in advance, I wouldn't have bought it. It's great looking but not what I was hoping for.

As for code numbers. I used Archers numbers when I ordered this bracelet. Since there's only one 50th anniversary speedy bracelet I didnt concern myself with numbers when in conversation. If someone says 50th anny. I just assume we are talking about the same piece. The link @LeonDeBayonne posted shows the same bracelet.

Bradley,
Your answer makes a lot of sense actually, and confirms my concern. I also have a watchco sm300 and I definitely don't want to go for a look that is dressy. Seems the 1171 is still the way to go.

Bradley,
Your answer makes a lot of sense actually, and confirms my concern. I also have a watchco sm300 and I definitely don't want to go for a look that is dressy. Seems the 1171 is still the way to go.
I have the uncle seiko 1171 and its hands down my favorite bracelet for the sm300.

Anyone have a sense whether the new SS cal 321 Ed White bracelet will be similar to the Trilogy bracelets?

I've been wearing my Apollo 11 bracelet on some of my modern Speedies, but it also fits great on my 1990 Speedy Pro.

Speedy.jpg

The whole end link looks tipped down towards the case back...that would bug me...

Also intentionally using undersized spring bars seems like a bad idea...I would keep a very close eye on those.

Please, can anyone provide me with the correct Omega spring bars part number one should use on a Speedmaster bracelet.
Edited:

Please, can anyone provide me with the correct Omega spring bars part number one should use on a Speedmaster bracelet.
For a 20mm Speedmaster bracelet, the standard size (1.8mm thick) part number is 068ST2207. If you can't get them from a boutique, try swisswatchspares.com

For a 20mm Speedmaster bracelet, the standard size (1.8mm thick) part number is 068ST2207. If you can't get them from a boutique, try swisswatchspares.com

Thank you very much.

What is the width of the 50th anniversary Speedmaster 130STZ011629 bracelet at the clasp? Does it taper down from 20mm to 16mm?

What is the width of the 50th anniversary Speedmaster 130STZ011629 bracelet at the clasp? Does it taper down from 20mm to 16mm?
20 down to 16. I wish it were 20 to 18