Forums Latest Members

Anyone want to talk about Mandalorian (or Star Wars)? [MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

1. UCZ_15 Nov 9, 2020

I literally only use Disney+ for Mando, Clone Wars and my occasional original trilogy binge haha. And yep, I agree it really does work!

red crowned and kcgunner like this.
  2. UCZ_15 Nov 14, 2020

The third episode was phenomenal! Shame it ended so quickly. Where my Clone Wars fans at?!

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 14, 2020

Even more Clone Wars in the next episode it appears!

Yesh I was bummed it was so short.

4. UCZ_15 Nov 15, 2020

I read somewhere that Dave Filoni directed and produced episode 5. Gonna be so good! I wonder how they're going to do Ahsoka for the show.

5. UCZ_15 Nov 21, 2020

So that was a pretty sweet episode. Looks like it is starting to pick up! I think we might meet a certain ex-Jedi next week...

6. pdxleaf ... Dec 4, 2020

So. If there Omega was convinced to make an Ultraman Speedmaster, couldn't they be convinced to make a Mandalorian edition?

What would that look like? Lots of possibilities.

7. Caliber561 Dec 4, 2020

Metallic dial with black accents? Dark brown leather strap? "Lollipop" chrono hand or subdial seconds plate in the style of the Razorcrest knob?(silver with a blue circle) Maybe even a damascus-style caseback for a touch of "beskar."

red crowned likes this.
  8. pdxleaf ... Dec 4, 2020

Great opening. Metallic dial a must. Love lollipops but not here. Don't know what it's called but a crescent like the butt of the long rifle he uses instead. More red instead of blue for the original red armor. How is the great horn symbol incorporated so that it melds with the Omega logo? Nice touch with the damascus. We haven't mentioned the helmet.

red crowned likes this.
  9. Thrasher36 Dec 5, 2020

I just watched the latest episode and I love the series but the episodes seem so short.

Capt Cave Man likes this.
  10. Capt Cave Man Dec 5, 2020

Love the fact Slave I is still in action :D

ReturnOfUltraman likes this.
  11. UCZ_15 Dec 5, 2020

Absolutely fantastic episode. I almost had a tear in my eye seeing my two favourite bounty hunters in action together. Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni truly understand how to tell a story backed up with years of expanded universe lore. Fantastic Easter eggs in the episode too.

12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 5, 2020

Big fan here. Agreed that Clone wars was amazing, Last season spectacular.

On Mandalorian it's hit or miss sometimes. Waikikis first season episode was amazing and this weeks directed by Robert Rodriguez pretty much best of the bunch. Very Very disappointed by "the Jedi" episode. Surprised Feloni didn't do better with this. Rosario Dawson is perfect for the role but the fighting and movement was just really really badly choreographed. Given that Feloni is pretty much responsible for Clone wars and Rebels I really thought he would do better with, arguably, one of the most important episodes on terms of Canon. Compare Dawson's fighting with Boba Fet's on "the tragedy". How is it even close to possible that Tano has any challenges winning over the last fight after what he have seen her do in Clone wars?

Anyway, great show.....reading my post I am surprised I am such a SW fan but I guess I am.

S

red crowned likes this.
  13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 5, 2020

I think he got too stuck mimicking classic samurai films. The fact the last fight was should have been a massive mismatch also pissed me off. You can argue Ashoka did it on purpose to try and extract the info... but it did not really feel that way in the final edit.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 5, 2020

Right? and the fighting itself just felt clumsy. every movement was pretty much "telegraphed" in fighting terms. If Ashoka is capable of the fighting level she displayed against Darth Maul on the CW finale then...hell, she would not even need a lightsaber to win the last fight. Just a gentle force push.

In terms of story though, it's a good story and in line with the character. Specially if she's still looking for Thrawn and Ezra....Which brings us to Ezra....

15. Capt Cave Man Dec 5, 2020

I think I may have to have a binge on the cartoon series over Xmas, Ezra?

16. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 5, 2020

Ezra Bridger is on Rebels, But it is a relevant enough character that Filoni will most likely bring into the fold. While Ashoka was Anakin Skywalker's Padawan during the Clone wars and a pretty well developed Jedi that survives Order 66 and fights to tell the tale (albeit, being kicked out of the Jedi order before then), Ezra is barely a force sensitive kid at that time but get's trained and developed during the "Rebel" time period that follows. The period between The first and second trilogies where the rebellion is formed.

He is trained by another Jedi survivor called Kanan. Being after the fall of the Jedi though he has a pretty "gray" training and even dabs on the dark side a few times and pairs up with Darth Maul in order to get into some or other Syth practices and artifacts. Most importantly he does fight alongside Ashoka a few times and is last seen following Admiral Thawn and disappearing alongside him. Ashoka is supposedly looking for him thereafter. Which is why Thawn being mentioned is quite a name drop in the context of the broader story line intersection between Clone Wars, Rebels and Mandalorian.

Mandalorian does take place after the original trilogy though, which is why Ashoka is not mid forties and, I suppose, Ezra would be somewhere in his late thirties.

Also of note is the absence so far of Sabine. who is a Mandalorian and part of the crew in Rebels. She is supposed to be looking for Ezra along Ashoka. Sabine is relevant in this story for several reasons. Like Bo Katan she is royalty of sorts within mangalore. She is the person that brought back the dark saber in order to unite the mandalorians and was suppose to reign over them BUT, gave her position along with the Dark Saber to Bo Katan.... Bo Katan is the red head mandalorian that appears in season 2 and is looking to get that dark saber back....however she lost it to begin with.

But, to the point, it is difficult to bring into the story the Dark Saber, Thawn, Ashoka and not loop in Sabine and Ezra at some point.... Maybe Ezra will train Baby Yoda? or maybe Luke Skywalker will as at this point he is supposedly re-forming the academy etc...

Edited Dec 5, 2020
  17. akshayluc420 Dec 5, 2020

[​IMG]
    I don't know about the rest of you guys, I'm sticking with 'Baby Yoda' too :p

Thrasher36 and Nobel Prize like this.
  18. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 5, 2020

well, according to the Ashoka episode he was trained for several decades at the Jedi temple and survived order 66. Which means he knows of or directly knows all the players as he was alive and training through the entire saga.... and..... May be Yoda’s baby ( I hope not) but timeline-wise it would make sense. Certainly Yoda as leader of the Jedi would know of a member of his species training under his nose for 80 years.

Thrasher36 likes this.
  19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 5, 2020

Boba Fat... am I right?

although makes sense considering how thin he was in RotJ.

macrodust and Nobel Prize like this.
  20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 12, 2020