Anyone know much about this model please??

Afternoon all,

I quite liked the look of this piece in a little antique shop near me, but can't find anything on it anywhere. I think it's a Jumbo size piece but the ref. and movement number don't bring anything up on the net. Could anyone shed any light on it and suggest what it might worth to aid me in making an offer?

Thanks in advance.

Bear in mind it has a movement from the late 1940s (circa 1947 at a guess) and a dial that has been either replaced or repainted much more recently. If you like it, go for it, being a jumbo it probably wears well, but you wont get collectors chasing it if you sell it. Value is a few hundred maybe.

Bear in mind it has a movement from the late 1940s (circa 1947 at a guess) and a dial that has been either replaced or repainted much more recently. If you like it, go for it, being a jumbo it probably wears well, but you wont get collectors chasing it if you sell it. Value is a few hundred maybe.
Thanks very much. Really helpful. So are you saying that the movement isn't correct?

Thanks very much. Really helpful. So are you saying that the movement isn't correct?
No. The case and movement look correct and contemporaneous (did I spell that right?), based on the pics provided. The dial or dial finish isn't original. That is the thing making it less than collectable. Such things matter greatly.

No. The case and movement look correct and contemporaneous (did I spell that right?), based on the pics provided. The dial or dial finish isn't original. That is the thing making it less than collectable. Such things matter greatly.
Ok. No wonder I couldn't find another example with that dial then! I think I'll stay clear because it's got a much bigger price on it than that. Thanks again for your help.