Forums Latest Members

Anyone have experience with Seaholm watches?

1. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Apr 6, 2020

I recently received a magazine from Yeti, the company that makes top end coolers. I have a couple of the their coolers and assorted products, and they perform very well. Anyway, in the magazine, they pushed a line of watches from Seaholm.

https://seaholmautomatic.com/products/flats-chronograph-watch

I was really intrigued by the Flats Chronograph. Here is one of 4 available models.

4-Seaholm-Flats-Blue-NATO-Edit-OnWhite-ShadowNEW_BEZEL_360x.png

Anyone have any experience/comments on this company?

Thanks. Stay safe.

Mike

2. Donn Chambers Apr 6, 2020

Since this isn’t about a modern Omega, it probably should have been posted in Open Discussion.

But with that out of the way, I’ll add a few comments.

1. Never heard of them.
    2. the design is derivative of several different watches and I don’t think they do a good job of bringing them together
    3. The asking price ($3500) is outrageous. I can suggest a dozen Valjoux 7750 chronograph (or the Selina clone) chronos that cost less than $2000.

blufinz52 likes this.
  3. dinexus Apr 6, 2020

Wrong forum, and wrong price point for these by a long shot.

That said, I've handled them, and they're a nicely made micro, but at 1/3rd of the asking price.

blufinz52 likes this.
  4. mancio Apr 6, 2020

One really need to love that for drop $3500 on that thing::facepalm1::::facepalm1::::facepalm1::

blufinz52 likes this.
  5. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Apr 6, 2020

Wow that price is crazy. Can think of so many other watches I'd prefer first at that price

blufinz52 likes this.
  6. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Apr 6, 2020

I appreciate the comments. I thought the price was a tad on the high side. Also, apologize for posting on the wrong forum...mea culpa.

Bartok24 likes this.
  7. shoota70 Apr 7, 2020

Couldnt agree more. Price to value isnt in line not by a long shot. I do like the styling tho.

8. M'Bob Apr 7, 2020

Not to worry, Mike; I just posted an Omega question over at the Seaholm forum, so now the universe is back in balance...

9. Augi Apr 9, 2020

Hey there! My very first post (just joined recently). I actually have some experience with Seaholm. I own the Seaholm Rover Field Watch (white dial). Also, currently have the Seaholm Offshore Diver. Love the look and the feel of this brand. I have no concerns of it taking a beating because I know they will hold up. A few things I like about the brand:
    Swiss movement
    Enhanced Anti-magnetism
    Shock resistance is well above industry standards
    ISO 6425 certified
    The design and uniqueness of their offerings
    Great warranty (even a 3-year transferable warranty)
    5-year maintenance and service plan on all watches (complimentary)
    The provide a high quality NATO strap at no extra cost
    C3 Super LumiNova on the dial and hands (makes it really easy to see the solid hands at night)
    And to boot....Austin, TX based company (ok, so maybe I'm biased a bit since this is where I work and live).

I typically rotate between those 2 Seaholm watches and my Omega SMP 300. The great thing is they all look great when in the office or in the backyard pool.

Here's my Rover Field Watch:
    Rover.png

Here's the Offshore Diver (taken at a bar pre-Corona days haha):
    Feild Watch.jpg

Omega SMP 300:
    SMP 300.jpg

blufinz52 likes this.
  10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 9, 2020

Have no experience but I do agree the price is very high.