Anyone ever see anything like this ? [vintage strange dial]

I was looking at some vintage watches for sale and saw this. Any idea if it's just a repainted dial or what was omega smoking when it came up with this.
The caseback off pic shows a cal.265. The buckle seems to be the right shape and caseback does seem to have the right markings.

Provided info on the watch says circa 1950s

Help me out with some insight before I breakdown and buy the watch just to take a closer look at the dial.

-mac-

omega1.jpg omega2.jpg omega3.jpg omega4.jpg omega5.jpg

Blurry photos often a clue- seller does not want you to see the details

The mixing of Roman and Arabic numerals on a dial was actually a thing quite some time ago. I learned this recently when I was reading an article about a modern watch that was recycling this very vintage dial trend.

The mixing of Roman and Arabic numerals on a dial was actually a thing quite some time ago. I learned this recently when I was reading an article about a modern watch that was recycling this very vintage dial trend.
Quite correct, originally used on military watches where the upper half of the dial had Roman numerals and the lower half was Arabic.

The OPs is not quite a "California Dial", but Nevada is close to California, so maybe this is a "Nevada Dial".

😉

Quite correct, originally used on military watches where the upper half of the dial had Roman numerals and the lower half was Arabic.

The OPs is not quite a "California Dial", but Nevada is close to California, so maybe this is a "Nevada Dial".

😉
Amazing how so much relevent information is closer than we think. I live in Nevada, so I vote for "Nevada Dial"