Anyone else collect knives?

Very nice work! and nice wood.. is it stained spalted?

Yes Spalted Tamarind 👍

Yes Spalted Tamarind 👍

Wow, that's beautiful. I like how spalted tamarind looks relatively unstained, but that's an eye-catcher for sure. Nice work!

Wow, that's beautiful. I like how spalted tamarind looks relatively unstained, but that's an eye-catcher for sure. Nice work!

Yeah I don’t usually go for stained wood, but this was in a few blocks I bought from a guy that makes stabilised handle blocks (mostly in natural colours.) threw in an orange and a purple stain to make up numbers and free shipping.
Was the first one picked out of 6-7 natural Timbers with good figure. (Must admit his first knife was a natural timber)

It’s funny because i offer handles of many Timbers and other materials like G10 and Micarta in heaps of colours and am surprised what some pick quite often.
@JimInOz wanted one green and one gold scale and my nephew wanted toxic green and orange
IMG_7690.jpeg
IMG_6891.jpeg

I would pick Ringed Gidgee all day long myself.
IMG_7743.jpeg

IMG_7744.jpeg

This is one of the craziest little deals, only $20 at a local store. Beautiful burl wood, high polish blade. 20230914_081601.jpg 20230914_081626.jpg

I'm not a knife collector, but I have a couple that I have come my way and I've kept because I like them. The Bowie, bought for $10 from a work mate in the early 70s, is 38.5 cm (15") long with a 25.5cm (10") blade. The Ken Onion folder I found by a canal.

Cocobolo scales going on a Spyderco Mule
IMG_7767.jpeg
Aluminium pins will get a Glow in the Dark resin fill….
IMG_7771.jpeg

Good evening !

I have started collecting knifes. I have few vintage pocket japanese knifes and a traditional Corsican knife and a bowie from Randal.

I started when I was in my early teens with Swiss Army knives. I had the Tool Chest Plus from Wenger and the equivilant from Victorinox. Ultimately, my attention focused on Wenger. The last Wenger I bought had the fixed needle nose pliers among other functions. That was sold a while ago after buying my first Boker.

20131215_172317-1.jpg

Since that Boker, the model name was Stellar Superliner Titanium, I have branched off to Walther, made by Umarex. I am not into guns but I have much admiration for this brand and their knives live up to the standard you might expect from them.

Introducing the newest member to my Walther collection: the P99. This knife is Walther's best yet. It comes with a 440SS blade coated black, synthetic handles, and 3 enter changeable palm grips for a precise comfort fit. The easy single hand opening is super smooth and requires little effort. Yet it has a nice 'click' sound so you know it is truly closed. The box includes a mini double sided screw driver for dismantling for cleaning and a sheath with a snap closer.

20151027_190926.jpg
20151027_191459.jpg
20151027_191637.jpg
20151027_191100.jpg

P99 and PPQ
20151027_191237.jpg

2015-10-27 20.16.33.jpg

Show off your knives.

I have a sizeable knife collection which I've found even more habit-forming than watches. Two brands in my collection that have special meaning are a couple of Randall knives (for fixed blades) and Koenig (for folders). I've been working the group down in size of late.

Good evening !

I have started collecting knifes. I have few vintage pocket japanese knifes and a traditional Corsican knife and a bowie from Randal.

We're gonna need to see some pictures. 😀

In my world, knives are tools that I use every day. I have drawers full of them, but I don’t consider myself a collector. Some have never been used and were gifts from family members. The last 20 years have concentrated on BenchMade and Spyderco. Durable, hold an excellent edge, are made with excellent steel, and have production tolerances that meet my standards. There is never a time that I’m without one. Firearm either. (But in addition to being a field biologist and Dean of my college, I’m also a cop). These are the regular go-to knives…most days it’s a Spyderco.
Edited:

Spent the day at the Round Top Texas flea market today. Crappy day for watches but I came across this interesting British military from 1956. I'm having trouble via google finding much info on it.

aaa.jpg

Spent the day at the Round Top Texas flea market today. Crappy day for watches but I came across this interesting British military from 1956. I'm having trouble via google finding much info on it.

aaa.jpg

Nice if it's a genuine British issued utility knife but there does seem to be a plethora of reproduction and fakes out there too.

If genuine it's certainly a great score to grace anyone's collection.

**Edit** great thread here https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/viewtopic.php?t=9829
Edited:

🙁
I believe it is a fake.

Hopefully not! Though as you say hard to locate a matching image online.
Of course with a date that predates the internet and not a wartime issue it maybe that info is scarce as the number in circulation may be a lot smaller than those which catch internet interest ie WW2 etc where military personal numbers were higher.