Any thoughts on the Universal Geneve Polerouter Date

Posts
1,783
Likes
4,131
Any idea what a broad arrow would go for these days?
 
Posts
468
Likes
1,170
Nice specimens, here are mine, some need attention when I find the time...
 
Posts
574
Likes
1,359
The watches here are so amazing! I wish the steel version is for sale. It looks the sharpest!
 
Posts
574
Likes
1,359
Hi guys,

I am into polerouter recently. I have this piece available to me. I would like to ask humbly of you good people if this watch is in a good condition.




The watch is selling at $400usd. Thanks all!
 
Posts
2,362
Likes
12,700
Hi guys,

I am into polerouter recently. I have this piece available to me. I would like to ask humbly of you good people if this watch is in a good condition.




The watch is selling at $400usd. Thanks all!
I'm not a UG aficionado but that movement looks ill. I think the rotor might have the plague. 😵‍💫
 
Posts
574
Likes
1,359
Thanks for the comment! Do u think this can restored back to good health?
 
Posts
13,633
Likes
18,988
Thanks for the comment! Do u think this can restored back to good health?
Rust is cancer to a watch. It would be extremely difficult to fully and correct restore this watch.

This looks like a money pit to me.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
574
Likes
1,359
Rust is cancer to a watch. It would be extremely difficult to fully and correct restore this watch.

This looks like a money pit to me.
gatorcpa

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The wordings on the dial is really light. Do you think it's legit or any quality issues?
 
Posts
13,633
Likes
18,988
The wordings on the dial is really light. Do you think it's legit or any quality issues?
Impossible to tell for sure from the pictures. I would lean towards original.

The seconds hands is too short. Probably a replacement.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
574
Likes
1,359
Rust is cancer to a watch. It would be extremely difficult to fully and correct restore this watch.

This looks like a money pit to me.
gatorcpa

Hi gatorcpa,

I read online that rust can be removed, with using tea. Is rust really that bad to remove?
 
Posts
257
Likes
155
Hi gatorcpa,

I read online that rust can be removed, with using tea. Is rust really that bad to remove?
Do you know what rust is?
 
Posts
574
Likes
1,359
Do you know what rust is?

You mind elaborating on this? I understand rust as a layer on top of metal.