Any help to identify this vintage manual wind gold omega 40s?

I think that we all agree on one thing. Whatever it is, it's a very handsome watch.

Could you post pictures of the caseback and especially of any gold hallmarks you see there? It will tell a lot.

Could you post pictures of the caseback and especially of any gold hallmarks you see there? It will tell a lot.
I can't, because I don't want to open it by myself. I'll do it once I had it opened by a professional.

Exactly the same than mine! ( so far...) The third for the moment, and the only one exactly similar... Would the serial number in the case could determine precisely the year?
( sorry, bad typing... forget would...or could ... one is enough!)

I can't, because I don't want to open it by myself. I'll do it once I had it opened by a professional.
Some French cases will have an eagle head on the outside - worth getting a magnifier out for a couple minutes.

I didn't say anything about the inside of the watch 😀

Just post a photo of the back of the watch - the caseback.

I didn't say anything about the inside of the watch 😀

Just post a photo of the back of the watch - the caseback.
Ooops! Sorry, it was not you, it was Dr No who was asking for an inside photo ... Well, nothing on the caseback, nothing at all...
Hi! I was wondering if the caseback of your watch was made of gold as well?

Ooops! Sorry, it was not you, it was Dr No who was asking for an inside photo ... Well, nothing on the caseback, nothing at all...

I realise I may sound like a broken record, but could you please post a photo? There may be something you overlook.

If the rear of the lugs are in the photo it would be great.

OP, I suggest looking very closely at every bit of the watch, including between the lugs. It is likely that there is a hallmark somewhere. They can be quite small and hard to decipher.

Hi! I was wondering if the caseback of your watch was made of gold as well?

Yes, it was solid gold with a French Hallmark. I don't recall what carat though.

Yes, it was solid gold with a French Hallmark. I don't recall what carat though.
It could not be anything else than 18 ct ... At the time, neither 9 nor 14 ct were allowed in France.

It could not be anything else than 18 ct ... At the time, neither 9 nor 14 ct were allowed in France.

But you say that there is no hallmark? Not any at all? If that is the case, it isn't French, as there must be one on the outside of the case. Perhaps it is on the side of the watch? Could you post a photo?

But you say that there is no hallmark? Not any at all? If that is the case, it isn't French, as there must be one on the outside of the case. Perhaps it is on the side of the watch? Could you post a photo?
No, I was speaking to Kyle L about the similar watch he sold a few years ago. Mine have no mark at all on the outside (.I am a bit puzzled by the way of answering to members... It sounds me slightly confusing...!)

No, I was speaking to Kyle L about the similar watch he sold a few years ago. Mine have no mark at all on the outside (.I am a bit puzzled by the way of answering to members... It sounds me slightly confusing...!)

There are very, very few countries that didn't mandate hallmarking on the outside of the watch, which makes it odd that there are no marks at all. Photos will tell a lot - for instance if the watch has been polished heavily thus removing said marks.

I always associate the dial type of your watch with the ones found in Sweden from time to time - these use a Swedish made case: https://omegaforums.net/threads/14k-gold-omega-from-the-late-40s-need-some-help-with-the-case.71796/

There are very, very few countries that didn't mandate hallmarking on the outside of the watch, which makes it odd that there are no marks at all. Photos will tell a lot - for instance if the watch has been polished heavily thus removing said marks.

I always associate the dial type of your watch with the ones found in Sweden from time to time - these use a Swedish made case: https://omegaforums.net/threads/14k-gold-omega-from-the-late-40s-need-some-help-with-the-case.71796/
Yep! I have seen some of that kind yet... but in better condition! I am going to look closely the case... in case some hallmark would be somewhere.... I agree, it should be outside, not inside...but...!!! Let's be Sherlock!

Some French cases will have an eagle head on the outside - worth getting a magnifier out for a couple minutes.
Bump.