Forums Latest Members

14k gold Omega from the late 40s. Need some help with the case :)

1. palkastu Feb 25, 2018

Hi all!
    I recently bought this and will recieve it some time next week.
    The dial, movement (30T2 PC) and hands look good to me, but I have no clue about the case.
    As you can see from the pictures the caseback is marked "JPB 14K". There may be other hallmarks but I can see any from the pictures.
    Im fairly certain "JPB" is an abbreviation for J.P Brandt as the seller also stated. J.P Brandt was an agent for Omega in Sweden for several decades. I also know they altered some of the watches as @tdn-dk have documented here:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-transformed-rancheros.16487/

But Im not sure if J.P Brandt made cases for Omega. Do any of you have any information regarding this?

PS! The watch works even with the loose crown and for the price I gave this was worth a gamble :) JPB1.jpg JPB2.jpg JPB3.jpg

Edited Feb 25, 2018
  2. tdn-dk Feb 25, 2018

I have seen a few of these JPB gold cases with Omega movement/dials. I guess you can compare them with the non Omega signed South American local produced gold cases.

3. palkastu Feb 26, 2018

Thanks!
    Do you think is J.P Brandt from Sweden?
    If so, isnt it a bit strange that they made "unlicensed" gold cases?

Kudos for the post I mentioned BTW :)

4. tdn-dk Feb 26, 2018

Yes I have only seen them for sale in Sweden so my guess it is JPB in Sweden

palkastu likes this.
  5. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Dec 14, 2020

It is certainly a J.P. Brandt sourced swedish case. I found a similar one this week.

Any opinions on the correct crown for this watch?

[​IMG]