Any help to identify this vintage manual wind gold omega 40s?

Hi!
I have recently bought a vintage 18ct gold Omega watch for my husband's birthday.
I know nothing about vintage watches, I had a "coup de coeur", negociated the price a bit (!) and bought it.
After that, I began to search for some more information about it.
The watch sounds rather antique, at first glance, I would have said from the 40s, possibly the late 30s, but considering its gorgeous condition, I began to believe it was from de 50s or even 60s with a 40s look.
The seller - an antique dealer, is a vintage watches lover, but - in my opinion - not a real expert. He mentioned on the invoice that it was a Geneve model, but, after having done some research, I am almost certain it is a mistake.
The only similar watch I have found on the net, is here, https://thewatchcollector.co.uk/products/omega-rare-fab-suisse-cal-28-18ct-rose-gold/ ( with different hands, though...)
I was wondering if someone could help in identifying this watch…? On the site mentioned above, it is said circa 1944 ( which corroborates my feelings), cal 28, BUT I wonder what "10 million series" means?
I know I should have the watch open to get some more informations, especially the serial number, but I do not want to do it by myself, and I am currently in a kind of remote location with no professional to do it for me!
I cannot believe it is a fake or anything like that. It is such a gorgeous, good looking and obviously high quality watch! It gives the time for 48 hours at perfection ( so far)...
So, if I may ask, any kind of further information(s) would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much to all!

Looks to be a very nicely preserved watch and I am sure your husband will love it.

Judging by the shape of the case and the "Fab. Suisse" on the dial it could be a model for the French market.

But only the innards will unveil the truth and which caliber is sitting in the case.

What is the diameter without the crown? (metric please). This might help a little...

It's a lovely watch. It would be interesting to see the movement and its condition, as compared to the dial. A lot of what is discussed here is from a collectors'/ hobbyist viewpoint. Ultimately, I'm sure your husband is going to enjoy it, so getting into the details at this point may not really be that important. I agree with you, not to attempt to open that watch.

That’s a very elegant watch !

I thought that this type of case was for chronometers…

You can share your location if you want some recommendations for craftsmen, or search here on the forum.

Its a beautiful watch. Imagine finding a gorgeous 1950s car in someone's barn and driving it for a week without first checking or changing the oil. If there is time before your husband's birthday, get it serviced by a watchmaker first. Otherwise, your husband could wear but not wind it without first getting it serviced. Let us know whereabouts you are and no doubt someone can recommend a somewhat-local watchmaker, or someone you could mail it in to.

I’m guessing that it’s going to be a 33.5-34 mm case with a caliber 28 bumper movement. Probably 1944-45. Can’t recall the case reference though. Beautiful example.

If this all checks out, I think this is a remarkable find, and Monsieur Aggie is one lucky fellow. May I just ask one thing though - there is quite a gap between the edge of the strap and the lug near the 11 o'clock position, which does not appear to be present next to the other lugs - can you say what is the issue there?
Good luck with the birthday! (and please correspond with my other half through the international wives union, to let her know what standards are now being set) 😁

I’m guessing that it’s going to be a 33.5-34 mm case with a caliber 28 bumper movement. Probably 1944-45. Can’t recall the case reference though. Beautiful example.

The OP states it is a manual winder, not a bumper automatic. I would expect the dial to be marked f it was an automatic.

The OP states it is a manual winder, not a bumper automatic. I would expect the dial to be marked f it was an automatic.

I agree @Canuck, and cal 28 is manual IIRC.

I agree @Canuck, and cal 28 is manual IIRC.
Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of caliber 28.10 which I believe was a bumper movement used in some Omega watches from the 1940s. Please chime in if I’m mistaken.

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of caliber 28.10 which I believe was a bumper movement used in some Omega watches from the 1940s. Please chime in if I’m mistaken.

Correct.

I'm unable to recognize the case. The dial and hands seem authentic enough, but the case (and crown) escapes me.

Please share a photo of the movement and inside of the caseback.

Thanks,

Art

Hi! Thanks to all for your interest. Actually, the watch is not going to be openned for the moment. Of course, it will be much more interesting once openned! I was curious to know if anyone has ever seen such a watch, but, apparently, nobody does. I came to conclude that it possibly is a bespoke watch. Before the rationalisation of models it was very usual. I am going to offer the watch to my husband " as is", wrapped in a bit of a mystery, which, after all, is much more interesting than unadorned truth. It is much better to let some room for the imagination! But please, feel free to post your comments about the watch, I am very interested and I will post new developments, if I have some!

I came to conclude that it possibly is a bespoke watch. Before the rationalisation of models it was very usual.

I doubt that this is a custom case. It is more likely simply a locally cased watch. As you probably know, Omega imported many uncased dials/movements to avoid high import duties, and the watches were then installed in cases made in various destination countries. In this particular watch, it may be a Franch case, but it's hard to say without photos of the inside, or even of the hallmarks.

Yes, I agree. It is what I meant by " bespoke". Some kind of local finition.

Yes, I agree. It is what I meant by " bespoke". Some kind of local finition.

Correct. And this is probably just a language issue, but "bespoke" implies a one-off custom item to me. I was referring to an official Omega practice where movements were assembled into cases locally in a large-scale process by Omega contractors.

Yes, I did look at that, but unfortunately that listing doesn't seem to show the inside or hallmarks either.

Correct. And this is probably just a language issue, but "bespoke" implies a one-off custom item to me. I was referring to an official Omega practice where movements were assembled into cases locally in a large-scale process by Omega contractors.

Yes, I did look at that, but unfortunately that listing doesn't seem to show the inside or hallmarks either.

Ha! Ha! No it is not a language issue but an "approximation" of speaking...