Any chance a store will do a bracelet swap?

Just got my first Omega, a hesalite Moonwatch with the all-brushed bracelet. But I prefer the brushed/polished bracelet that comes with the sapphire model.

I haven't taken the protective plastic off of the watch yet so the bracelet is essentially brand new.

Since both versions of the bracelet are the same price I wonder if an OB or AD would agree to a swap? If not maybe an AD would agree to a swap + cash? I doubt an OB would entertain that kind of deal, but I don't think AD's keep bracelets in stock. Or do they?

Anyone have advice on a good way to attack this? Or is trying a waste of time?

My suggestion is to check where you bought the watch, or go to a boutique or AD and ask THEM to question.

There was another member a couple months ago that wanted to do the swap in the opposite direction (brushed/polished for brushed/brushed). They are in the UK and this was their experience:
Hi Bernardino--the AD could not offer a swap, and that's the norm: I think you're unlikely to find an AD who would be able to do it. However, there are two OBs in London, and I phoned both with the question; the first said 'impossible', the other said 'no problem, we'll do that for you if you buy the watch here.' (I can't remember which was which.)

I stuck with the AD (Beards of Cheltenham), who offered a considerably better deal (bracelet swap or not) and were just lovely to deal with. My qualms about the sapphire bracelet are now completely gone, so I'll keep it. However, should you wish to swap yours, I think you'll have no problem at all selling it. Whereas there are always brushed/polished bracelets for sale on Ebay, my impression is that the fully brushed version comes up for sale very rarely, and gets snapped up right away.

You can read the entire thread here:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/speedmaster-pro-bracelet-sapphire-for-haselite-version-swap.171989/

Based on the experience above, seems you would have had a better shot doing this exchange the day you bought it, not after. However, the only people that can really answer this are the AD and OB local to you. As said above, I suggest you call them.

I find it hard to imagine any AD or OB is offering a free swap.
Without being able to verify the actual origin of the bracelet? Which AD would take such a risk?
Who are they going to sell this „used“ steel bracelet to?
What customer would want to buy a steel bracelet at retail price that was given there by some other customer.
How is the dealer supposed to be able to verify whether every single screw or every single part of the bracelet is original Omega part and undamaged? I'm pretty sure it won't work that way.

Whereas there are always brushed/polished bracelets for sale on Ebay, my impression is that the fully brushed version comes up for sale very rarely, and gets snapped up right away.

This is interesting to me. Is there a reason the brushed bracelets are more popular? Am I missing something? The polished version has a more premium look to me, and is sold as such by Omega on the more expensive Sapphire watch.

I find it hard to imagine any AD or OB is offering a free swap.
Without being able to verify the actual origin of the bracelet? Which AD would take such a risk?
Who are they going to sell this „used“ steel bracelet to?
What customer would want to buy a steel bracelet at retail price that was given there by some other customer.
How is the dealer supposed to be able to verify whether every single screw or every single part of the bracelet is original Omega part and undamaged? I'm pretty sure it won't work that way.

It still has the blue protective plastic on the bracelet and is clearly new and unworn. If it's an AD it wouldn't have to be a free swap, I said I would offer a swap plus cash to make it more worthwhile. I know and AD would have zero incentive to offer an even exchange. If the brushed bracelet is so much more popular, maybe they have a lot of people looking to buy one and can easily sell it. Regardless, I know it's a stretch but it doesn't hurt to ask for advice.

This thread sounds very fishy. You obviously didn't buy the watch from an OB or AD, yet you are claiming that you know the watch is new and unworn. Anyone can put blue plastic on a bracelet.

If you bought it elsewhere, it's silly to think an OB or AD would do this. There is zero incentive for them to do it, and they have no idea of the history of the watch and bracelet. Your belief that the bracelet is new and unworn and authentic means nothing. They are not in the business of reselling some random bracelet that you want to pawn off on them.

But the only way you will know is to go ask a dealer. This forum is not associated with Omega or Swatch, so it's pointless to ask here.

I mean, I can get a blue wrapped bracelet from China. Blue plastic don't mean nothing.

Your best bet was to work a deal at the point of sale, but you didn't buy at at an AD or OB so you have no good will to barter with. No AD or OB would conduct a trade or give you the discount I think you're wishing for. NONE.

Good reasons are given above. Who are you? Someone who bought a watch from not me and aren't happy with your choice through no fault of my own. Perhaps if you'd come to me when you wanted a watch, we could've worked something out.

What do you have? A watch bracelet. It might be real, as you're say, but I don't know. It's not worth my time or money to determine if it is as there's no money in trading it for anything or giving you a hefty discount.

Go ahead and ask, though. Good luck.