Forums Latest Members

And What Did You Buy Today?(Not Watches or related)

1. Rodmar Feb 15, 2017

Cost if it you don't mind me asking? Could be enticed to grab a USMC set for the man cave

2. West Slope Feb 22, 2017

Lukeeesteve and Jwit like this.
  3. patk35 Feb 22, 2017

Just bought a Beretta 84BB. My first Beretta, can't wait for it to get out of FFL Jail.

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 5.58.06 PM.png
    noelekal, Linesiders, voere and 2 others like this.
  4. patk35 Feb 24, 2017

Stunning piece: keep it clean, lubed, and fed a steady diet of 230gr hardball and it will serve you well.

5. pippy Feb 24, 2017

6. duc Feb 27, 2017

Technically I bought the knife last October, but it has been with the sheath maker since then. I just took delivery of the sheath he made and the knife, so it feels like a new purchase. The sheath maker is Brian Wagner of Okuden. His work is stunning and way under-priced. The belt clip is a molle unit and the pouch is adjustable for tension. It is very sweet.

The Microtech is shown only for comparative purposes. The Spartan Blades Pallas is what I bought. That's a good story too. Right now they only have this version with a flipper tab (which I detest). I contacted them by email to see if they had any older generation blades available and they were able to accommodate my request. By the time I called them to inquire about payment, the office manger informed me they were already out back putting my knife together.

s2.jpg
    s3.jpg

s1.jpg

Lukeeesteve and patk35 like this.
  7. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Mar 1, 2017

This is the first hand precision tool I ever purchased. It is a spoke plane. Have an egg shaped leaded glass window that needs to go into a pocket door. Other than lots of sanding this is the tool for curved surfaces. 20170301_121308.jpg 20170301_121322.jpg

STANDY, Lukeeesteve, ahartfie and 2 others like this.
  8. i20rider Mar 1, 2017

Going E85 on the truck. New pump and basket to keep up

20170223_103458.jpg
    ahartfie likes this.
  9. Adamh Mar 2, 2017

Sigh. A side view mirror + installation ($500), because somebody decided to steal mine when I parked my car near Yankee stadium.

10. abrod520 Mar 2, 2017

Do you drive a Prius?

Stealing bits off of cars is a big thing out here in the Bay Area. My S2000 has no wheel center caps because someone took them, and Honda wants around $250 for a new set. Which would just be stolen immediately anyway

11. Adamh Mar 2, 2017

It's a BMW. So much for the $16 that I saved by parking on the street. I'll be parking in garages from now on. I feel sorry for the thief. Somebody who has to steal car mirrors for money must be faced with a lot of difficulties in his/her life.

Edited Mar 2, 2017
    frederico, BreitLight and Jwit like this.
  12. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Mar 2, 2017

We used to have the same problem at our other residence. Constantly getting the car and trashing the inside. Saved replacing windows by leaving nothing of value in and leaving it unlocked. I always wanted to but was never allowed to do the following. One rat trap, one hack saw blade spot welded to the trap, one ten dollar bill, one piece of rope two feet long. Fasten the rat trap with the rope with enough slack to get the hand moving real quickly. Place a piece of paper over the trap with the ten spot taped to it. leave on front seat of car.
    A friend of mine kept having his shop broken into. He placed a metal mat on the outside and his arc welder attached to it and the door knob. He caught the guy and the cops damn near charged him with attempted murder. The perp was not in good shape at all.

Bottom line is "It's their job."

13. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 2, 2017

Sounds an interesting project, must be about fifty years since I last used a spoke shave, great tools.

14. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Mar 2, 2017

The challenge is the wood I am using is poplar. Was practicing with both poplar and pine. Poplar is much more difficult to get a nice surface with. Why poplar? In my opinion it does not warp like pine will. I've used it in the past on some bi-fold closet doors and there has been no warp. Looking forward to starting the project in the next few days.

15. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 6, 2017

16. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 6, 2017

17. Lukeeesteve Mar 7, 2017

It's going to be an interesting year as the different teams work out the new rules.

18. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Mar 8, 2017

Just got the leaded glass window back from the glass shop. All they did was encase it between two pieces of glass. Now to find the time to build the door for it. 20170308_193835.jpg

duc, Jwit, ConElPueblo and 2 others like this.
  19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2017

I picked this up to replace the vintage 1970s dilapidated old desk I've had since I was a teenager, I've had some really bad back issues in recent years and heard great things about standing desks but most tend to be either too small or too awkward. Then some state government office was abandoned and the contractor doing the refit was told to just "throw out" the desk, which he could tell must have cost thousands, its 2M by 2M in an L shape with a return (not attached in video) and 1.2M deep which is just massive and can lift two fully grown men (me and the guy I bought it off) as it moves from 65cm to 1.25M in height. Fully integrated cable routing and power, and the sticker on the leg indicates only made in 2015, so very disappointing to say the least that our state government buys stuff this expensive then tells people to literally throw it in the trash only a year or two later.

I was able to buy it off that contractor for less than a bottom of the range cheapo student desk would be new and am just so happy that I got lucky enough to find it. I've got it set up with the twin 5K displays and the 2016 MBP, the return just adds so much size that my office isn't big enough to fit it in so thats in storage for the time being. I've never ever seen a fully electric sit-stand desk with this much weight capacity in an L shape anywhere near this large.

LawBrk, ahartfie, duc and 1 other person like this.
  20. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Mar 23, 2017

When I had a real business I built a standing desk for the shop area. Measured to where my elbows rested and built it from there. This was 20 years ago and I still miss it. Was constantly going from the floor to the desk. No sitting down or getting back up every thirty seconds. 2 x 4's and plywood with a foot rest. Don't think I even painted it. I would have killed to get the one you have now. You will really like it.

dsio likes this.