Forums Latest Members

And what did you sell today (watches)

1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 15, 2017

I thought I'd create a twin thread to the "what did you buy". This isn't intended to be a place to advertise, rather it's a thread to place an obituary to your departed friends.

Today I let go of this
    IMG_1696.JPG
    A truly stunning watch. I've only ever seen two other black dial, Farsi TDMPs. But I never wore it. I actually wasn't a huge fan of it. Not practical to tell the time and there were a few places the gold plating was chipping off. And I was scared of wearing it, given how sensitive the movement is to moisture. So, off it goes, to someone I think will wear it and appreciate it.

What did you sell today?

semper_shells and khmt2 like this.
  2. ConElPueblo Feb 15, 2017

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 15, 2017

Paedipod, Jwit and aap like this.
  4. ConElPueblo Feb 15, 2017

Yeah, it's not as if I haven't had any chance to follow up since! :D

Will be shipping this one over that Atlantic later today:

[​IMG]

Probably the most accurate vintage watch I've ever owned, in top-notch condition and comes as a serviced, full set. Took more than 9 months to sell, go figure.

antparker and Jwit like this.
  5. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Feb 15, 2017

I would think that selling a watch, especially if it had emotion - positive or negative - attached to it won't generate the enthusiasm needed to brag about it here. Also reporting a highly profitable sale or the opposite probably wouldn't generate a lot of the sympathy among collectors that reporting finding a real bargain does.

Besides I thought that's what the Watches for Sale thread does...

Darlinboy likes this.
  6. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Feb 15, 2017

Congrats on this sale. I've had my eye on it for a while but the funds never came together for me. The buyer certainly got a great deal. I hope Bill Harvey doesn't haunt them ::stirthepot::

ahartfie and ConElPueblo like this.
  7. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Feb 16, 2017

I sent this little redial off into the world today. An early noob tax that ended up being a noob tax refund and more ::psy::
    I guess some people don't care about redials as I stated it in the description and posted pics of all the weird stuff. Oh well off to a new home

IMG_0829.JPG
    ConElPueblo likes this.