Forums Latest Members

Alert: Major Theft To Report

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Oct 28, 2019

Hi,

We published this in agreement with Adam. Let's just get the word out, hoping these watches will turn up somewhere.

RJ

Kmart, Meme-Dweller, jB1128 and 29 others like this.
  2. abrod520 Oct 28, 2019

Yes, and I seriously, truly, deeply appreciate all the help that has been offered and given.

3. abrod520 Oct 28, 2019

I just remembered - when I ordered my Seamaster 300 Trilogy, the Boutique emailed me and told me the LE number. I'm adding it to my original post and will be updating the photo on IG.

My stolen Omega Seamaster 300 1957 Trilogy is # 1181 / 3557

befobe and Foo2rama like this.
  4. MTROIS Oct 28, 2019

This is a gut wrenching story of there ever was one for a watch collector!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Very sorry to read about your ordeal, Adam!! Good luck to you to recover all of these beauties...

5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Oct 28, 2019

Cool to see that. I have seen a lot of instances where local media are often able to motivate action where resources would otherwise not be allocated. Usually this works to shame an airline into treating a customer with dignity, but maybe police budgets are similarly motivated. Look what happened when lots of dedicated people took to the streets to hold Stefan’s grandmother to account https://omegaforums.net/threads/ice...tefansson-and-magnus-sigurdsson.103187/unread

6. Ssunnylee24 Oct 28, 2019

Terrible.
    Hope everything works out for you....

7. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Oct 28, 2019

Takes one Oakland detective to take this case and crack it. Building having a security upgrade and no forced entry. Either building personnel or a friend with keys. Unless it is some kinda mega apartment building the circle of employees would appear small. With the knowledge to steal these high dollar watches, it isn’t some scummy crackhead checking doors in the apartment and selling them for $20 a piece on the street.
    I predict the criminals are gonna get nabbed.
    How about a go fund me for Adam to hire a private detective. I’ll donate to that in a minute.

Kmart, Njnjcfp88, Syrte and 3 others like this.
  8. allwoundup Oct 28, 2019

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I had a similar experience living in NYC.....building superintendent and his son ripped off a number of apartments, and disappeared. My watch collection, save the watch my dad wore in WWII (which I was wearing that day), was stollen.

Was anything else of value other than your watches stolen? Anybody else’s in your building robbed at the same time? If not, who knew about your watch collection who could enter your home without forced entry?

Sorry for asking such basic questions.

Wishing the best for you. Again, very sorry for your loss.

w

Njnjcfp88 likes this.
  9. abrod520 Oct 28, 2019

I agree, it probably wouldn’t be hard work, but the Oakland PD has too much going on. I’m going to continue trying to get them moving though.

Nothing else of value was stolen; they took a couple of dress shirts, a pair of cheap shorts, two Yankees caps, and all of my socks. All of which is an inconvenience. My TV, tablet, Xbox, laptop? Not even touched.

10. abrod520 Oct 28, 2019

Also, I remembered that the Ultraman LE cert was a hexagonal styled bit that was kept in the very bottom of the box, under the stacked watch cushion and the strap / blacklight tool. It’s still there; the LE cert was not taken. So the Ultraman is watch only, no box or papers or accessories.

11. joeshoup Oct 28, 2019

12. joeshoup Oct 28, 2019

This is a special quality of our fair city of Oakland, which has a very understaffed force, a history of very bad management, and a lot of high crime areas. They basically ignore crimes against property unless someone is hurt in the process.

13. kkt Oct 28, 2019

A few years ago Oakland police had the reputation for not being interested in anything but severe violent felonies. Murder, armed robbery...

14. larryganz The cable guy Oct 28, 2019

Before I got my giant safe, I still used very heavy but smallish safes for my papers and watches (18" cube). They'd still require a 2-wheeled cart or something to move them out of the house, being quite ungainly to move around by hand even by a strong man. The thought was that they'd also be protected from fire as well, for a limited amount of time. I have room for all of my dozens of watch boxes inside the big safe as well, but decided to use that space for my rifles and handguns instead.

15. Socks Oct 29, 2019

What!!!???

DaveK and ReturnOfUltraman like this.
  16. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Oct 29, 2019

Think they stored the watches in the socks? Thats bizare youre socks were stolen!

Really sorry to hear about this. Hoping you can get them back and the theives get what they deserve!

DaveK likes this.
  17. whyboddau Oct 29, 2019

Unfortunately true. Hope your items are found at BayArea pawn shops or even Reno or Vegas. Found and recovered that is. Best of luck!

18. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 29, 2019

Good thought -- they may have rolled up/ stored the watches in the clothes for when they were walking out of the building, since they likely would have been seen by someone.

19. JwRosenthal Oct 29, 2019

That's the first thing that occurred to me, probably use the socks for the loose watches, the shirts and shorts to wrap the boxes and probably stuffed them into trash bags or something- would just look like guys taking trash out.

This is absolutely an inside job, someone knew you had the collection, they knew to take boxes as that is part of the value (drug addict would have just stuffed as many watches in their pockets as they could and ran), and they knew they had the time to pack things up properly (knew your schedule).

DaveK and Larry S like this.
  20. ICONO Oct 29, 2019

I could well be wrong…And I am sure, you have considered it

But this sounds very targeted…and very personal

Has anyone had access, to your keys / codes…in the past ?

Someone who might, be aware of your collection…and hold a grudge / be envious, or be financially embarrassed ?