Forums Latest Members

Advice please... thinking of buying this vintage Geneve

1. dansmcd Sep 26, 2022

Hi All, Apologies if this is not the done thing here but I'd really appreciate some input from those in the know.

I'm looking at this 1974 Omega Geneve for purchase. I love the elegant simplicity of these and this one seems a good deal to me.

However, I certainly don't want to pick up a fake. I've noticed both the crown and caseback have no badge or logo (is that a sign of refurbishment?) but otherwise i see no signs that it's not fully original and legit. But I'm very new to this.

Thanks all.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4038959...1jCvJNcQXu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPYPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Sep 26, 2022

Hi Dan,
    The usual etiquette is that you post a photo of the watch but I can do that on this occasion.

2901F9E7-9DC3-4083-AD47-C129F391AE82.jpeg
    It’s certainly a pretty Geneve but it’s very small, has no sweep second, and at 34mm diameter (including the crown) and with a 16mm lug is a woman’s watch. These tend to be significantly cheaper than the man’s equivalent which would be 34/35mm excluding the crown, 18mm lugs and have a movement that uses a sweep second hand.

dansmcd and Vitezi like this.
  3. WLW62 Sep 26, 2022

Spruce, Shabbaz and pmontoyap like this.