Forums Latest Members
  1. edgware14 Dec 2, 2019

Mods please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong sub-forum.

I've been talking to a member here about a watch I was selling on Chrono24 (I didn't have enough posts to list here)
    The buyer was cad290, we were talking through private message on this forum but struggled settling on a price and how to insure and post the watch to him. Eventually I was able to arrange delivery of the watch to him in NYC by a friend of mine, the watch is now in New York for the next two days until my friend has to return to Australia, however there is now no reply from Cad290. Is it worth leaving the watch in New York with a trusted broker or watch dealer until I can get through to Cad290? I don't have a personal number to contact him on and perhaps he isn't getting my messages, does anyone here have a contact for him?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Edited Dec 3, 2019
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 3, 2019

3. calalum Dec 3, 2019

Pix and price?

4. Dan S Dec 3, 2019

Anybody else uncomfortable with this thread?

Poday, Kmart, ndgal and 7 others like this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 3, 2019

Bury it in Central park somewhere. ;) Jam jar should be fine.....

Kmart, Larry S, DaveK and 3 others like this.
  6. LeonDeBayonne Dec 3, 2019

Why would you want to leave a watch for a buyer who is unable or unwilling to complete the transaction?

WatchCor, bardamu and 321Only like this.
  7. edgware14 Dec 3, 2019

I understand this is an unusual situation, but he has been so keen for nearly two months and then just a few days of no contact from him. I dont want this whole deal to fall through if it's a genuine reason he can't get in touch. And being in Australia it's been really difficult to finish this deal, had the watch for sale for far too long and dont know when I can get it back to the US.

8. edgware14 Dec 3, 2019

For the reasons above ^

9. Dan S Dec 3, 2019

I don't know if these are valid reasons to post private messages in a public thread. It just feels inappropriate to me. How does that help you solve your problem, which involves trying to contact him? I don't understand why this was necessary, it seems very alienating. He hasn't scammed you or ripped you off, so it seems like you should handle the deal between the two of you in private.

Or maybe he's decided to ghost you ... so what. Deals fall through all the time.

Edited Dec 3, 2019
    Samir likes this.
  10. wristpirate Dec 3, 2019

If buyer has paid for watch then I would leave it with a trusted friend in NYC. If you haven't received payment then have it brought back to you, in case buyer has changed his mind and you are left with a logistics headache of shipping it back.

Probably worth removing the private messages from original post as they don't add anything.

Samir and Walid4watches like this.
  11. edgware14 Dec 3, 2019

Yes I understand, but if I hadn't posted this would just seem like I've made a story up to sell a watch on here I have no right to do. We see enough of that already and I want to be clear, I am not trying to sell this watch to someone else, I believe Chris still wants it I just can't get in touch with him, thanks for your concern though...

Anyone else dealt with him and has his number they can private message me with?

Mods feel free to delete this whole thing, and af anyone else wants to tell me off please just send me a private message.

12. Screwbacks Dec 3, 2019

I don't understand what kind of arrangement you have entered into.

13. edgware14 Dec 3, 2019

The only way we could settle on price is if we avoid import duties, postage fees and insurance. He was happy to wait for a pilot friend of mine to fly to New York, and have a face to face deal with him instead. My friend is now in New York waiting on the deal to happen but I've just lost contact with Chris.

I understand this is an unusual story but I am sure he still wants the watch, I was just here to simply ask if anyone has his phone number, he has done countless deals here, I have not.

I don't need to repeat this again, I know I have not been scammed, I just want to get this watch to Chris.

Screwbacks likes this.
  14. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 3, 2019

Explaining on a public forum how you both (buyer and seller) are cheating respective governments (customs and potentially fisc) on a five figure amount might not be the wisest thing to do. Just saying.

Samir, watchyouwant, dootcho and 19 others like this.
  15. smitty190373 Dec 3, 2019

i.m.o

1 of 2 things has happened here.

Buyer has changed his mind and no longer wants to complete the purchase.

Buyer is currently unavailable and when he is informed will bend over backwards to complete the purchase.

Good luck either way.

(would also remove private p.m's :thumbsup:)

Samir and edgware14 like this.
  16. edgware14 Dec 3, 2019

It is a totally legal face-to-face deal. Can you tell me which part is illegal?

17. edgware14 Dec 3, 2019

Thanks, removed them half an hour ago, it was just him confirming he is waiting for confirmation the watch is in NYC.

smitty190373 likes this.
  18. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 3, 2019

19. jumpingsecond Dec 3, 2019

Not sure I would leave it with a "dealer/broker" in ny and wait to see if seller picks it up. I'd bring it back home and start the sale over.

20. edgware14 Dec 3, 2019

@kov Avoid it by meeting face to face, and not posting the watch. What are you getting at?