Advice on potential purchase please

Hi everyone,

Does everything look legit on this watch? What should the price be in Dollars/ Euros?

Hi everyone,

Does everything look legit on this watch? What should the price be in Dollars/ Euros?

Sadly, damage to the dial - between 6-7 and possibly 10 - 12. No movement photos.

So, what do you think? And what’s the asking price?

81356582.jpg

Really only 350? I always see Geneves in the 700-900 range on Chrono 24. Rarely any less. Would 700 euros be a ripoff?

Sadly, damage to the dial - between 6-7 and possibly 10 - 12. No movement photos.

So, what do you think? And what’s the asking price?

What would cause such slight damage? Is it just general wear and tear?

What would cause such slight damage? Is it just general wear and tear?

Probably water/condensation damage.

But so far as value is concerned, it’s a manual wind Geneve with a less than perfect dial and a cheap non-omega steel band and no service history so I’d give it a value of £250.

Chrono24. 🤦

Jeez, you guys are harsh, just a guy trying to buy his first proper watch and don't know any back channels or trade secrets.

Probably water/condensation damage.

But so far as value is concerned, it’s a manual wind Geneve with a less than perfect dial and a cheap non-omega steel band and no service history so I’d give it a value of £250.

Doesn't look like water/condensation damage to me at all on other photos.

Really only 350? I always see Geneves in the 700-900 range on Chrono 24. Rarely any less. Would 700 euros be a ripoff?
In general, the prices being asked on Chrono24 are way too high and don't really reflect market value.

Here's a good thread to follow that will not only help you learn what to look for, but might, with some patience, help you find a nice example for your first proper watch. https://omegaforums.net/threads/rec...-watches-only-on-ebay-not-for-inquiries.1790/

This is like a science, man worse than buying a car or a house. I have been following the watch world for a while, but this is the worst snobbery in history. I don't wait to wait 3 months to buy I have been looking around for ages and don't see good examples. I have a job to do, can't sit around looking for watches all day.

Haha, you haven't seen harsh

It looks like an original Omega milanese bracelet there, so just the bracelet is $150-200, watch head is maybe $350 - and it's a good deal at $350 - but acceptable at $600

This is like a science, man worse than buying a car or a house. I have been following the watch world for a while, but this is the worst snobbery in history. I don't wait to wait 3 months to buy I have been looking around for ages and don't see good examples. I have a job to do, can't sit around looking for watches all day.

You went to the trouble of posting two threads on this and you asked a specific question, so we thought you wanted feedback. But if you don't want to hear advice, no problem. Just buy it. Obviously it's not a ton of money and it doesn't sound like you really care about getting a collectible watch or spending a few hundred extra. The watch is legit.

Haha, you haven't seen harsh

It looks like an original Omega milanese bracelet there, so just the bracelet is $150-200, watch head is maybe $350 - and it's a good deal at $350 - but acceptable at $600

First normal person who answered. Feel like I'm getting serious passive-aggressive vibes from this Forum, but cheers mate. I have been looking around everywhere and I don't see Omega watches for the prices they are talking about.

You went to the trouble of posting two threads on this and you asked a specific question, so we thought you wanted feedback. But if you don't want to hear advice, no problem. Just buy it. Obviously it's not a ton of money and it doesn't sound like you really care about getting a collectible watch or spending a few hundred extra. The watch is legit.

What kind of an answer is this basically telling me "You're buying a pos, but go ahead you're an idiot". Wow, this is definitely the worst snobbery in history. That watch has an original dial, a small blemish between 6-7. I cannot for the life of me see how water or condensation would have caused that, it;s serviced, Omega bracelet, old torn-up Omega box and you all are acting like I'm an asshole for daring to post a pic. Yeah, and to me 700 is a lot money.

Yeah I am a little triggered, but who would blame me?

What kind of an answer is this basically telling me "You're buying a pos, but go ahead you're an idiot". Wow, this is definitely the worst snobbery in history. That watch has an original dial, a small blemish between 6-7. I cannot for the life of me see how water or condensation would have caused that, it;s serviced, Omega bracelet, old torn-up Omega box and you all are acting like I'm an asshole for daring to post a pic. Yeah, and to me 700 is a lot money.
See the door over there? Don't let it hit your arse on your way out. You are welcome. Next!