Forums Latest Members
  1. txjohn Sep 5, 2019

Trying to get some education. Here are two connies , curious what others think . Original? Good condition? Issues? IMG_7173.PNG IMG_7174.PNG IMG_7175.PNG IMG_7176.PNG IMG_7177.PNG IMG_7178.PNG IMG_7179.PNG IMG_7180.PNG

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 5, 2019

What do you think? What research have you done?

Davidt, KingCrouchy and DaveK like this.
  3. txjohn Sep 5, 2019

Well , I read how to fish thread and cruised around this site a little . So not much at all . I'd appreciate directions to where I can learn more. Like a data base or thread of original dials that can be referenced against. Also guide to recognize correct movements for specific variations. . Pretty green . I don't mind learning or putting in the time.

4. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Sep 5, 2019

Welcome to OF txJohn (things are okay with the storm and all in Texas?). If you get the Ref # from inside the case back you can ask the googles what other legit models will look like (try especially Omegaforums + the ref #, or some such configuration). From there you can start to piece together where the one you are looking at is awesome or falling short. Feel encouraged, as XJR suggests, to provide your opinion and then wait for OF to chime in with their assessment of your assessment, plus lots of other guidance. Make sure you stick around!

Tigeranteater likes this.
  5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 5, 2019

6. txjohn Sep 5, 2019

Thanks for your suggestion on referencing by case back . I over looked that . Case back on top watch is 2943 1sc . Bottom watch 2943 7sc . I did a quick search on this site and both watches seem to be like examples shown here . It's hard for me to judge by photos but top watch isn't as clean . The hands show more patina and it appears that the onyx inserts (?) may not
    Be there. . The second watch seems to be in much better condition. I noticed the chamfered on the lugs were crisp . Both appear to have the 504 movement. I have no idea about what to look for in the movement but Mu gut says the top watches movement is better . Ok , let me have it

7. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Sep 6, 2019

Not bad - B+ for effort ;)

The indices on #1 do have inserts but they are lume - most likely radium, hence they and the hands’ inserts are very dark.
    Have you noticed something missing around the edge of the dial?
    The missing SWISS MADE was the first clue that something was awry.
    The watch has obviously seen moisture intrusion, so the dial has been cleaned.
    The rotor looks to be dragging on the movement.

The second watch (including the movt) looks to be an altogether better proposition.

BTW it helps to include images of the case back (inside and out) to give a full assessment of a watch.

Hope that helps.

8. txjohn Sep 6, 2019

totally missed the mark , thanks for all your responses . I've learned little

krogerfoot likes this.
  9. Dan S Sep 6, 2019

The second one's not bad at all.

10. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 6, 2019

Unpolished.

IMG_3595.jpg

alam, TNTwatch, Peemacgee and 2 others like this.
  11. txjohn Sep 7, 2019

Couple photos of case back on second watch . I've noticed brick work on some case backs . Is that just on gold variations? IMG_7187.PNG IMG_7188.PNG