A Thoughtful Gift For A Rolex Guy?

Posts
3,593
Likes
8,210
I am way out over my skis but I have a good friend that did me a thoughtful favor that needs a thoughtful reply.
He is a Rolex guy, a medical doctor, that makes 100 times more than me, so a monetary value gift is out of the question.
Any ideas for a small gift? He is not a watchmaker or historian, just a fan and everyday wearer and I am coming up a blank.

Heck, I always thought Rolex was a division of Rolodex.

Anyway, thanks for any ideas and I'll head on back to the Omega side.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Whenever I hear a reference to “flexing their rolie” in pop culture, I think this
 
Posts
3,433
Likes
9,113
I received this from a friend and really enjoyed it.

 
Posts
703
Likes
2,459
If he likes his watch, get him a wall clock that matches it for his office. They come it all models.
Edited:
 
Posts
3,593
Likes
8,210
Thanks friends, that is what I'm looking for, something a Rolex person would enjoy.
 
Posts
3,893
Likes
23,284
I am way out over my skis but I have a good friend that did me a thoughtful favor that needs a thoughtful reply.
He is a Rolex guy, a medical doctor, that makes 100 times more than me, so a monetary value gift is out of the question.
Any ideas for a small gift? He is not a watchmaker or historian, just a fan and everyday wearer and I am coming up a blank.

Heck, I always thought Rolex was a division of Rolodex.

Anyway, thanks for any ideas and I'll head on back to the Omega side.
I've done it with a good friend and hardcore Rolex freak...I got him a sports Seiko SKJ007. He doesn't wear it much but he cherishes it quite a bit.
 
Posts
35,651
Likes
39,900
I think a book is the best option, affordable and more useful than cheap trinkets of questionable origin
 
Posts
8,246
Likes
29,136
I could sell these. Relatively inexpensive, though not cheap. Attractive vintage displays, and they could be used.

RlxST2a.jpg
Edited:
 
Posts
18,737
Likes
38,888
I am way out over my skis but I have a good friend that did me a thoughtful favor that needs a thoughtful reply.
He is a Rolex guy, a medical doctor, that makes 100 times more than me, so a monetary value gift is out of the question.
Any ideas for a small gift? He is not a watchmaker or historian, just a fan and everyday wearer and I am coming up a blank.

Heck, I always thought Rolex was a division of Rolodex.

Anyway, thanks for any ideas and I'll head on back to the Omega side.

Hey Jimbo, I'm a Rolex guy too, I'd love something "Rolex".

Can you spring to a 1978 5513 for me?

😁

Seriously, a thoughtful gesture by a genuine ole boy, whatever you decide I'm sure the benefactor will appreciate the thought more than the gift.
 
Posts
18,737
Likes
38,888
PS: I hope he's not a Geriatrician and you're not just hedging your bets mate!