A slightly peculiar Constellation?

Posts
6,758
Likes
10,412
This has just popped up in my Connie alerts, for auction shortly in NJ USA
Shall we play
"what's wrong with this one?!"

 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,075
Repainted dial, and some sort of weird marker replacing the star.
 
Posts
3,572
Likes
13,510
And an 167.005 with a date window…

(shall we just do one each?)
 
Posts
889
Likes
1,225
Let’s see if I have learned anything in previous months lurking in the forum. I would say:
- dial has been tampered with. Font looks odd.
- Doesn’t pass MOY test
- markers are all over the place, star has transformed to sun (or moon perhaps!)
- T from Swiss made but no lume
- minute hand look a bit short.. but that might be the angle
- I would have thought this would have been a 168 rather than 167 due to the date? I am clueless when it comes to references but vaguely remember reading something on this…
 
Posts
889
Likes
1,225
Let’s see if I have learned anything in previous months lurking in the forum. I would say:
- dial has been tampered with. Font looks odd.
- Doesn’t pass MOY test
- markers are all over the place, star has transformed to sun (or moon perhaps!)
- T from Swiss made but no lume
- minute hand look a bit short.. but that might be the angle
- I would have thought this would have been a 168 rather than 167 due to the date? I am clueless when it comes to references but vaguely remember reading something on this…
And seems like they done a bad job at repainting markers and hands
 
Posts
6,758
Likes
10,412
Repainted dial, and some sort of weird marker replacing the star.

Fakedy fake-o dial.
 
Posts
3,259
Likes
23,343
I had:
Text looks whack.
Star under Constellation is whack.
T's but no lume.
Cyclops looked out of place but I don't know about such things.
Date wheel numbers look whack.

Overall Grade: Whack
 
Posts
7,075
Likes
56,698
Repainted dial, and some sort of weird marker replacing the star.

And too much window caulk sticking the weird marker down.
 
Posts
3,259
Likes
23,343
And too much window caulk sticking the weird marker down.
I think it’s bubble gum.
 
Posts
1,306
Likes
5,825
Fake case even? The lugs look straight rather having the facets on the side and the alignment of the stars on the medallion look weird
 
Posts
7,075
Likes
56,698
The wrist cheese in the case back medallion is fake.
 
Posts
10,745
Likes
16,729
I can't see an Omega logo there so it might be fake or aftermarket but there is nothing in principle wrong with a cyclops on a 167/8.005 by the way in case anyone is wondering...