Forums Latest Members

A New White Dialed Speedmaster on Daniel Craig?

1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 17, 2023

You uses the Tachymètre these days?
    Omega needs to bring out a "60 minutes" bezel with new releases !
    :whistling:

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 17, 2023

Watch already has a 60 minute thing going on :whistling:

And no use having a 60 minute bezel that doesn’t turn ::screwloose::

Lu.., Eve, padders and 1 other person like this.
  3. FSG Nov 17, 2023

Too bad he is not showing up this new model on this esquire video:

Evitzee likes this.
  4. rebar Nov 17, 2023

I think some folks mentioned Ben Clymer wearing the same one. I had a look on his insta and his didn’t seem to be the same. Font color of the speed master on the dial wasn’t red like Craig’s

watchthinker likes this.
  5. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Nov 17, 2023

To be honest, I’m between hopes and fears here. I mean, if Omega comes with a SS white dial Speedy, then what to do with my modded Rhodium one?

IMG_3416.jpeg
    (I guess I’ll just keep enjoying this one :D)

6. OneTwo Nov 17, 2023

He posted a wrist photo of it on his IG. 5th photo with the same outfit with the watch, here’s a screen grab.
    IMG_7429.png
    markers go really lots at 11 & 12 with the reflection. Speedmaster text looks to be black, no? This looks a bit like a Canopus gold example, but maybe something else. What do others think?

Edit: here’s the fratello link to the hands on the Canopus Gold for comparison

Edited Nov 17, 2023
    hansmaulwurf likes this.
  7. rebar Nov 17, 2023

Thats the observation I made as well :p

8. worldwidewes Nov 17, 2023

Yup, the director's a big fan of watches. I think he regularly wears a tropical 1016. He's been on Hodinkee's podcast as well and said his grail is a Patek Amagnetic. It would be awesome to see Blanc with a Speedy.

9. Owenoakley Nov 20, 2023

Hes said its his own personal canopus gold speedy

OneTwo likes this.
  10. Owenoakley Nov 20, 2023

Heres a screen grab from an hodinkee article though. Looks class!!

IMG_0412.jpeg
    worldwidewes likes this.
  11. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 20, 2023

I’ve never understood this either, but then much of what Phill posts baffles me. The minute recorder does the job of recording minutes, a minute track round the chrono second is literally useless. You may as well put a 24hour track round it since that too would be purely for decoration.

Lu.., STANDY and worldwidewes like this.
  12. OneTwo Nov 20, 2023

Thanks for posting this photo from the article. Cool to see this may be coming out in 2024. IMO, would be even cooler if they don't release it as an LE and offer it as a light dialed alternative to the original black dial.

worldwidewes, machamp6650 and Duckie like this.
  13. Duckie Nov 20, 2023

I like it:)
    Sort of like it might be a regular production Mitsukoshi with a slight twist for interest and the 3861?
    I'd get one exactly like that in a heart beat as a counterpoint to my Hesalite 1861 on a strap.

14. worldwidewes Nov 20, 2023

Totally agree. I'm not in the market for a modern Speedy, but if I was, I'd probably want something I can't easily find in vintage Speedies, and a white dial would definitely be in that category and a cool thing to have.

OneTwo likes this.
  15. Watch my Whisky Nov 20, 2023

Everywhere I go I make a worldwide mess.

apsm100 likes this.
  16. worldwidewes Nov 20, 2023

hahaha are you a big hip-hop fan or a big basketball fan or both?

Watch my Whisky likes this.
  17. Watch my Whisky Nov 21, 2023

Hip hop, but I do live a good basketball game.

18. Lu.. Nov 21, 2023

looks like there will be multiple threads on this....

looks like we'll see some white dial Speedy on Jan 2.......pretty sure the majority of masses want it to be in SS and not limited.....icing on the cake would be if the sapphire white ring is gone (on the sandwich) and the clasp comes with increased quick micro adjustment.....

lots of photos on the articles below.....enjoy....

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/d...-dial-speedmaster-at-planet-omega-in-new-york

https://www.fratellowatches.com/will-we-finally-see-a-new-white-dial-speedmaster-professional-soon/

19. worldwidewes Nov 21, 2023

Gotcha. I heard about Worldwide Wes through basketball but I guess he's transcended that haha.

20. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 22, 2023

:eek:
    In practice, most chronograph timings last less than a minute, so a fixed "60 minute" bezel makes sense and that's what the Apollo astronauts really wanted... remember the 14 seconds timing during Apollo 13 !
    Moreover, already in 1968 NASA engineer James Ragan received feedback from NASA astronauts (used for the "ultimate spacewatch" Alaska Project Speedmaster) but as practical changes took too long, by 1970 NASA had produced a custom "60 minutes" bezel, which we have seen on the Omega Speedmaster chronographs of at least 6 Apollo era astronauts !
    :thumbsup: #MoonwatchUniverse
    (Photo: NASA)
    Worden_60minutes_bezel.jpg

Omegafanman likes this.