A little help: Vintage Seamaster Automatic When Manually Winding Hits a Stop

I'm old but new to Omega. I searched the threads but couldn't find an answer and hope this won't be bothersome for the forum.
I discovered my father's Seamaster in his bureau drawer, he passed in 1991 and my mother had left the top drawer unchanged since then. No band was present and the crystal was damaged. (The face has patina, a Florida watch, and not water damage.)
Klotz Watches, Rolph Klotz, a master watch maker in Wauwatosa, WI, replaced the crystal and serviced the watch; it runs well and keeps good time.
The questions: what is the expected power reserve for this watch and when manually winding it will hit a stop after 10 winds, is this correct?

Note: I have new NATO bands from Crown and Buckle that are acceptable. The one pictured is from HEMSUT and is outstanding, especially for the $16 price tag.

Seamaster.jpg

There should not be any "stop" on the winding of this watch, there should be a slipping clutch so you should be able to keep winding it indefinitely. Can you show a photo of the movement?

To know the power reserve, we would need to know the movement caliber. However, I'm guessing it's going to be 40 hours give or take a few.

There should not be any "stop" on the winding of this watch, there should be a slipping clutch so you should be able to keep winding it indefinitely. Can you show a photo of the movement?

To know the power reserve, we would need to know the movement caliber. However, I'm guessing it's going to be 40 hours give or take a few.
Thank you for the information!

Not sure I can safely open the case. I appreciate the reply.
I understand, but it would be helpful if you could get that done. Are you able to determine if it is auto-winding properly, i.e. if you can wind it just by using motion?

I understand, but it would be helpful if you could get that done. Are you able to determine if it is auto-winding properly?
I wear it all day and it runs and keeps good time. If it sits for 12 hours or so it depletes the reserve.

Heading back to the watch maker next week to pick up other repairs. I will have him open and snap some photos. I will be sure to post then and also include his remarks and suggestions.

I wear it all day and it runs and keeps good time. If it sits for 12 hours or so it depletes the reserve.

Heading back to the watch maker next week to pick up other repairs. I will have him open and snap some photos. I will be sure to post then and also include his remarks and suggestions.

Yeah, something sounds wrong. 12 hours of reserve suggests that the watch (mainspring) is not getting fully wound, or there is a problem with the mainspring. Normally, one would give a vintage automatic like this a manual wind for 20-30 turns before putting it on to get the mainspring mostly wound, and the normal motion of your arm would tend to keep it fully wound subsequently. As I mentioned above, you would not feel a stop while manually winding the watch as you would with a manual-winding watch.

Yeah, something sounds wrong. 12 hours of reserve suggests that the watch (mainspring) is not getting fully wound, or there is a problem with the mainspring. Normally, one would give a vintage automatic like this a manual wind for 20-30 turns before putting it on to get the mainspring mostly wound, and the normal motion of your arm would tend to keep it fully wound subsequently. As I mentioned above, you would not feel a stop while manually winding the watch as you would with a manual-winding watch.
Dan,
Feeling very naïve but delighted to learn something new. I haven't made it to the watch maker but ran into a guy with has a vintage Omega. He suggested that the first 10 winds, that have the same resistance as a CCW turn, were "preloading" and not adding much tension to the spring, hence no resistance. He was correct, according to him, I was treating my Seamaster with kid gloves and needed to simply "use" it.
The resistance I was feeling was not a stop but the spring loading.
The watch winds correctly and is running great. I am feeling rather foolish.
Thank you for your patience.

Still planning to get some picks of the movement and continue the learning.

Just curious, but has the power reserve increased from ~12hrs now if you wind it above 10 times? Normally automatics slip when theyre full. You mentioned that you wear it all day but are you moving it around all day? I think there may still be an issue with the mainspring as Dan S suggested.

Just curious, but has the power reserve increased from ~12hrs now if you wind it above 10 times? Normally automatics slip when theyre full. You mentioned that you wear it all day but are you moving it around all day? I think there may still be an issue with the mainspring as Dan S suggested.
I haven't had any issues since I manually wound the spring more fully.
Seems to be working well. I am still going to have the watchmaker take a look.
Thank you.

I haven't had any issues since I manually wound the spring more fully.
Seems to be working well. I am still going to have the watchmaker take a look.
Thank you.
Finally clocked the reserve. When manually wound, call it 40 winds just to make sure, it ran for 46.5 hours. Still haven't had time to get to the watchmaker for some movement photos.