A dog breathed on my Speedmaster. Now what?

Posts
94
Likes
105
I agree that this is a waste of bandwidth -- without details. What breed of dog. When was its last veterinary teeth cleaning, etc.
 
Posts
12,147
Likes
40,474
Always cover your watches in a layer of clear nail polish to avoid problems like this.
 
Posts
307
Likes
445
Definitely want a FULL overhaul - replacement of case, movement, dial, hands. Need it pressure tested at the bottom of the Mariana Trench for 500 years minimum. Otherwise the dog breath will corrode it all
😁😁😁
 
Posts
743
Likes
2,549
It was a Shih Tzu with an eye infection. Breath was beefy, teeth slightly yellow. The Speedmaster is now losing 1 second a day. My wrists get sweaty when I type too fast
 
Posts
3,431
Likes
9,105
Now I understand why ulackfocus left the forum.
 
Posts
1,324
Likes
1,337
The same thing happened to me! This dog just walked up and started breathing on my Seamaster. This is headed out for a service right away.

 
Posts
1,672
Likes
5,925
Luckily the watch ...and me.... survived this close encounter 😁

594y3VC.jpg
 
Posts
369
Likes
2,598
those watches are meant to be used in space. Dogs don't live up there. It is totally unchartered area. My blessing. Good luck to you.
 
Posts
3,281
Likes
9,863
those watches are meant to be used in space. Dogs don't live up there. It is totally unchartered area. My blessing. Good luck to you.

What about poor Laika? Still up there?
 
Posts
13,898
Likes
54,075
Although if you remember, a wise squirrel once said that a good laugh is never a waste of bandwidth.
I well remember the “Should I wear my Speedmaster while eating Raclette “ thread…
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
If the watch begins to gain or lose time, it likely has rabies. I wouldn’t wear it.
 
Posts
15,930
Likes
47,814
It is a husky watch. It will likely be okay.
 
Posts
30,175
Likes
77,915
Was the dog's breath minty?

If you are asking that, you probably don't have a dog...
 
Posts
10,996
Likes
54,845
I had to go next level for serious testing it appears seiko takes more of a beating
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
Canine watch durability tester. He looks sweet and innocent, but he’s actually the Terminator.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
I had to go next level for serious testing it appears seiko takes more of a beating
Flying mighty close to the sun there!