2254 Planet Pro mod - Sourcing Parts?

Hello forum,

I’ve had an SMP300 2254 “Peter Blake” for several years and have considered doing this mod before but am now trying to see how I could actually do it. It involves a “non-ac” dial, which from the 2230 SMP model, planet ocean coin bezel and insert, and planet ocean seconds “spear” hand.

Sourcing parts is the hard part, as Omega won’t sell parts for a frankenwatch, but therein lies the issue.

Would anyone know where these parts may be acquired, aside from somewhere like eBay?

Thanks!

Hello forum,

I’ve had an SMP300 2254 “Peter Blake” for several years and have considered doing this mod before but am now trying to see how I could actually do it. It involves a “non-ac” dial, which from the 2230 SMP model, planet ocean coin bezel and insert, and planet ocean seconds “spear” hand.

Sourcing parts is the hard part, as Omega won’t sell parts for a frankenwatch, but therein lies the issue.

Would anyone know where these parts may be acquired, aside from somewhere like eBay?

Thanks!

It looks crappy don't bother. Did this a decade ago. Just get a 42mm PO from that era instead

Did this mod about 10 years ago. Still loving it! Pic from this morning:
IMG_3726.jpeg
Got the parts from Ofrei back then. Don’t forget the PO crystal if you don’t want the bezel to sit higher.

I don't like to like it, but it looks really good. I think it ages the watch but in a good way.

It looks crappy don't bother. Did this a decade ago. Just get a 42mm PO from that era instead
Agree the 2500 42mm PO’s are amazingly still affordable and better looking.

Agree the 2500 42mm PO’s are amazingly still affordable and better looking.

I found it looked better in photos and its just my opinion. Parts were cheap ten plus years ago so doing this wasn’t much of a problem. Today not so much.

I really like sword hands so this mod still appeals to me, but with the prices of parts and the near impossibility in obtaining them ensures I won't be doing it.

Did this mod about 10 years ago. Still loving it! Pic from this morning:
IMG_3726.jpeg
Got the parts from Ofrei back then. Don’t forget the PO crystal if you don’t want the bezel to sit higher.
How's the bezel action with the mod? Would love to pull the trigger on it, but only if it makes the watch easier to live with. I use my current daily wear Seamaster as my "kitchen timer" more than a diver, but the scalloped bezel is hard to rotate.