1988 Vintage Rolex Datejust 16030 IBM Quarter Century Club

On offer is a Datejust I've had for awhile and love, but just don't wear enough to justify owning it. The 36mm case has its original finsih and hasn't been polished, and the acrylic crystal's perfect. The crown screws down fine, and the personalized caseback's clear and not very worn. The 78360 (558 endlinks) Oyster Bracelet's only very lightly worn and should fit up to a 7.4" wrist or so, and it has no stretch. The dial's immaculate, all the lume plots are there, and the lume on the dial and hands match. This is also one of the last Rolexes to have open 6/9s on the date wheel; that switched right around the time this watch was made (its R serial dates it to 1988). The cal 3035 movement is keeping COSC time though hasn't been serviced while in my possession. This is a perfect example of a great watch.

Price is $4200. Watch+I are in Indiana/USA. Happy to provide more pictures and as many references as you'd like. Thanks for looking, and huge thanks to everyone who makes this forum so interesting and useful.

I used to work for IBM so I always check these out ... seemed like a nice guy:

Thomas “Tommy” Nott of Newburgh, NY passed away at Sapphire at Meadow Hill on Thursday, December 15, 2022. The son of Thomas H. Sr. and Dorothy Hawkins Nott, he was born on August 19, 1941 in Newburgh, NY. Tommy was a manager for IBM Fishkill. He was also a member of the Cornwall Yacht Club, the Storm King Power Squadron and the Black Rock Fish and Game Club. He was a veteran of the Air Force having served from 1959 – 1963.

I used to work for IBM so I always check these out ... seemed like a nice guy:

Thomas “Tommy” Nott of Newburgh, NY passed away at Sapphire at Meadow Hill on Thursday, December 15, 2022. The son of Thomas H. Sr. and Dorothy Hawkins Nott, he was born on August 19, 1941 in Newburgh, NY. Tommy was a manager for IBM Fishkill. He was also a member of the Cornwall Yacht Club, the Storm King Power Squadron and the Black Rock Fish and Game Club. He was a veteran of the Air Force having served from 1959 – 1963.

I saw that, too—I can never help myself with engraved watches.

Uhm… that’s a steal at that price. Beautiful watch!

Uhm… that’s a steal at that price. Beautiful watch!

Agreed; I'm a little amazed it's still here.