Forums Latest Members
  1. Hafdisarson Feb 10, 2020

Hello everyone, new user here.

I was wondering what you could tell me about this Omega Seamaster? It's serial number is 136.0104 and it's year is 1974. Can you see, judging from the pictures, what state it is in, if it's been redialed etc? How much is a watch like this worth do you reckon?

I would appreciate as much information as possible!

s-l1600.jpg
    s-l500 (1).jpg s-l500 (2).jpg s-l500 (3).jpg s-l500.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg

All the best!

2. Passover Feb 10, 2020

Hi!

If you google the reference number the watch turns out to be a "Geneve" and not a Seamaster (as far as I can see)

If there had been examples of the reference that were labeled "Seamsater" (I'm no expert on this reference number)
    the OP example looks clearly like a redial for me

The money worth of the watch is quite low IMO

Hafdisarson likes this.
  3. KingCrouchy Feb 10, 2020

Redial
    Polished and worn out case
    Not the "finest" of Omega Movements.
    =Worth very little, I would search something else

Hafdisarson and Foo2rama like this.
  4. Hafdisarson Feb 10, 2020

I paid 400 euros, but I can return it. Is it worth less?

5. Rochete Feb 10, 2020

Much less.

Hafdisarson likes this.
  6. Hafdisarson Feb 10, 2020

Thank you for answer, I really appreciate the help. I am completely new to this, why is it that the watch is worth so little?

7. billythekid Feb 10, 2020

condition, condition, condition

Hafdisarson likes this.
  8. chipsotoole Feb 10, 2020

Mid 70's was a strange time for Omega. There was the quartz crisis and the 1xxx movements they made 1002 1012 1014 etc (the last period of in-house manufacture) were not (generally) universally loved in comparison to the movements of the 60's. Add to this the fact that stainless steel is almost always preferable to gold plate (especially gold plate that is wearing away), an unattractive back cover design which is not the usual Hippocampus (Genève?) pretty generic dial (possibly redial), and the sheer amount of them produced lessens desirability. That said they still fetch somewhere 150-200 Euros. Do a little more reading here on the OF.

Hafdisarson and DaveK like this.
  9. Rochete Feb 10, 2020

These late Genève with 10xx movements aren't much valued to start with, one in good condition won't fetch here more than what you paid for that one, which is a total mess (bad redial, attempt at model fakery since it isn't a Seamaster, gold plating in bad condition, hands and markers don't match, movement looks far from pristine, ...)

Hafdisarson likes this.
  10. Hafdisarson Feb 10, 2020

Thank you guys. I've decided to return the watch. I found this site the same night that I bought the watch. I'm going to read more before I purchase again. If anyone of you recommends a nice vintage gold watch, that looks similar to this one and is in that price range (+-200€) I sure would appreciate all suggestions, needn't be Omega. Thank you again for the information given.

11. Sidnos Feb 10, 2020

Hello there!

May I suggest you hang around here, particularly in the vintage section. Use the search function as much as possible; many of your questions will already have been covered, often at length.
    Ask questions that are particular to a watch when you finally find something or if a topic not covered already.
    Keep an eye on the sales thread.
    Contribute as you feel comfortable.
    This place is an incredible resource for all things omega and general watch information. The members are very generous with imparting their collective wealth of knowledge (thanks to all who do so) and it’s all free!

Often as interesting, and fast becoming some of my favourite threads, can be the many varied conversations that one comes across!
    Literally ANYTHING can crop up and some of the more heated watch nerd debates are pure gold (no offence intended; I class myself as a nerd)!!!

Enjoy and welcome!

12. timecube Feb 11, 2020

Re: the sales section

You may find some neat stuff in there, but you won't be able to comment directly or reply to the For Sale threads until you have made 200 posts under your belt. This does NOT mean you can't check out and can't buy one.

It just means: you'll have to send a PM to one of the sellers if interested, rather than responding to the thread.