Forums Latest Members

1970's Heuer Bracelet Help Requested

1. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 7, 2020

Hello, OF Sisters and Brothers and thanks for your help!

An old friend, knowing of my hobbies, asked me to help him with a watch that was his son-in-law's family heirloom, a well-worn Heuer Daytona (with extra cheese!).
    My friend said that it needed the bracelet reattached and please give him some service advice as his son-in-law would like to wear the watch.

However, the watch as it turns out, has an integrated bracelet and is totally missing the center hinged part of the clasp.

Please, can anyone help in identifying the missing piece I need, the middle piece of the tri-fold clasp? There are no identifying markers or numbers on the clasp, just on the watch.
    I was hoping to find the part instead of searching for a donor.

The watch is a latter '70's Daytona that has been rode hard but looks like it is as tough as a tank (a well-rounded, over-polished tank).

The watch:
    25.jpg

11.jpg

The clasp (as it were): 19.jpg
    15.jpg
    12.jpg
    17.jpg
    Again, thank you.

DaveK likes this.
  2. Albe100 Oct 7, 2020

This is a question rather than an answer. I'm curious to know if Tag services these older models, and if they did, would they have parts for the bracelet? I ask only because it might be the easiest way to source it.

I've also noticed a seller on ebay who specializes in Heuer parts. Maybe worth reaching out to her and seeing if she can source one for you.
    The user name is: watchgirl001

good luck!

UncleBuck likes this.
  3. janice&fred Oct 7, 2020

If they are simply trying to get the watch to the point where it's wearable then it can't be too hard to find an off-brand clasp piece or pieces of the correct size to use and then slowly hunt for originals.

4. abrod520 Oct 7, 2020

TAG does service vintage Heuers, and is increasingly offering replacement parts though that may be only for the most valuable and/or popular models. I don't think they'd have a part for the bracelet.

You could try posting a WTB on Chronotrader, which would be the place most likely to find someone I think, though it's a long shot probably.

If the bracelet isn't that important, I'd suggest maybe having a custom strap made for it. Plenty of places will try that.

Albe100 and UncleBuck like this.