1967 Speedmaster in rough shape — worth it?

Dear Omega-Experts,

on my quest for the one watch to wear for the rest of my life, I've recently found a 1967 Speedy that looks super rough but then again I don't have to worry about adding more "patina". I think the price is okay — USD 5,000. I believe the hands and markers have been repainted. Some parts of the movement look off. My eye is obviously not as trained as yours though. Worth it?

Thanks for your time!
Edited:

If the plots are repainted then I might hesitate - but it’s not crazy.

the whole watch will be much better after a clean and service, and I would strip all the hands repaint, re lume and slightly “distress” them to bring them into line with the rest of the watch.

if your budget is $5,000 then I am not sure I could find a better example to choose - this one is quite solid.

I am not sure what you are worried about the movement, but I haven’t scrutinised it further - hope I haven’t missed something obvious (it’s been known)

Thanks for your evaluation, Spacefruit! I think I might pull the trigger then. I also like the fact that I will have to take some care and consideration to make this one mine — a full service, a nice strap, an extract.

Buy it, enjoy it every day, it's not the best but ticks all your boxes and it looks like a nice clean movement.
Edited:

As @Spacefruit says; at this price, and after a sympathetic service, this will be a great daily wearer. I’d buy it in a flash!

I like worn watches, especially Speedmasters. Relume would be a good idea, but I'd wear it as is. I'd buy this in a heartbeat for this price!

The profile of what you've been looking for is similar to me. For $5k I'd hard have a tough time passing it up.

You did a good job setting low expectation, I was expecting a complete basket case, and this was certainly nowhere near the worst I've ever seen, not even close. $5k? Oh hell yeah, all day long.

@hansaboy Turned out to be a scam! Only last minute did I think of doing a Google reverse image search and found the exact same photos used in the listing in a Reddit thread from a few years back by someone in the US. Very close call and a bit naïve on my part.

@hansaboy Turned out to be a scam! Only last minute did I think of doing a Google reverse image search and found the exact same photos used in the listing in a Reddit thread from a few years back by someone in the US. Very close call and a bit naïve on my part.
Good job there, there is a saying - buy the seller...??

Good luck with your hunt!

Yes, always do a Google photo search. I always ask the seller to send me a video of the watch, when possible. Sometimes even make a video call through Telegram.

Dang. Yea either a video call or ask for a picture with the watch set to a specific time next to a piece of paper with date and name on it.

Thanks for your advice and encouragement. I was blinded by them offering PayPal with buyer protection. But, turns out, it would have been easy for them to provide "evidence" of having shipped the item and drag out any dispute until the funds are long gone. Or so I understand that's what could have happened.