Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1967 Speedmaster 145.012-67 lots of extra bits

1. corn18 Feb 19, 2017

For sale is my Speedmaster 145.012-67. Pics are the best description. I am posting here on OF and nowhere else unless it doesn't sell. Want it to go to a good home.

I am selling as a complete set, preferably. I will sell just the watch head by itself, but I won't part the set until the watch sells. The price list for each bit is below, but the package price is considerably less. These aren't the prices I paid (I paid way too much), but I would like to move the watch and free up funds for my wish list.

$6,600 Speedmaster 145.012-67 this matches the speedmaster101.com price for good condition. The watch just returned from full service and receipt is included. I asked the watchmaker not to polish the watch, so this is an honest example with scratches and dings (that look a lot worse in the photos). Pics show all.

$1,400 1039/516 bracelet in very good condition, dated 2/70, not original to this watch
    $75 box, period correct but not original to the watch.
    $150 papers, includes instructions and folio, not original to watch
    $750 JB Champion with horned end links, very good condition
    $100 1969 calendar for JB Champion
    $100 2 NASA velcro straps, one grey, one black
    $200 145.0012 service case back, brand new (this is not on the watch)
    $50 Fisher Space Pen, new, unused

$9450 Total

I'm asking $8700 net to me if you take the whole package. If you want to pick and choose, we can talk.

Please do not PM for any of the bits separately. I won't part anything out until the watch is sold.

Now for some pics.

Here is the dial. Nice patina, lume on hands is almost gone, all parts look original.

face midview.JPG
    face center closeup.JPG

Bezel is in nice shape with some small chips:

bottom bezel closeup.JPG
    top right bezel close up.JPG
    LH bezel closeup.JPG

The lugs are in good shape with sharp edges:

bottom right lug closeup.JPG
    L bottom lug closeup.JPG
    top left lug closeup.JPG
    top right lug closeup.JPG

Case back is honest and original:

case back closeup.JPG
    7.jpg

The movement has been serviced since this pic, but I forgot to ask the watchmaker to take pics:

22.jpg

More pics to see sides and crown:

L side mid view.JPG
    L side closeup.JPG
    right side mid view.JPG
    crown closeup.JPG
    347474-ff20685e7ecc0ba263a6055f1bb7b50ca.jpg
    So that's the watch. It has scratches and dings, but it is also sharp and not over polished. Overall, a great example from this era.

Here's the service receipt from this month:

View attachment 347474

Now the bits.

1039/516

back view with bracelet.JPG backside bracelet and watch mid view.JPG clasp closeup.JPG clasp inner closeup.JPG end link closeup 1.JPG end link closeup 2.JPG front view bracelet plus watch on stand.JPG

JB Champion with horn ends and a 1969 calendar set (unused)

JB calendar.JPG JB Champion back of clasp closeup.JPG JB Champion front mid view.JPG JB end link close up.JPG

All the bracelets and straps (1039 is not in this pic)

JB velcro calendar.JPG
    Box and papers

box and papers with watch.JPG outer box.JPG

Space pen

space pen box.JPG space pen in case.JPG

The next part is plagiarized but updated for this sale.

Delivery and Payment

Shipping is extra. Face to face welcome. It is my experience with this value watch that a conversation on the phone will satisfy both parties.

Payment by Bank Transfer is preferred, but I will accept PayPal plus 3%.

Terms

I only sell to refocus my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I have been on ebay since 1998 with 100% feedback. I have bought and sold a few watches on OF and you can find my feedback by searching my username.

Insured delivery in the USA. Deliver outside USA is ok at buyer's preference and expense.

Returns are welcome if the watch is not as described and you don't cost me anything to get it back to me and the watch is in the same condition as it arrived with you.

I am a private collector who rarely sells. When I do, most of the time my watches sell very quickly, and to the first person that PM's me with the words, "I will buy this watch now at your price".

In the past several people have been upset because although they are the first to reply, they ask if I can do a better price - meanwhile someone has agreed my price.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by offers, but remember that they will only make sense if the watch remains unsold after a few days.

Delivery can usually be facilitated almost anywhere.

Price is $8,700 net to me - bank wire preferred to my local bank. Price is for entire package.

Some FAQ:
    Why are you selling?
    Because this watch, though wonderful, is outside the focus of my collection
    Are you a Dealer?
    No.
    What would you say counts against this watch?
    Not much. Some scratches and dings I have chosen not to polish to keep the sharp edges. Previous owner mucked up the case back notches.
    What do you like about this watch?
    Nice example of a pre-moon with a collector worthy set. If you like this sort of set thing, this would be a nice one stop shop of awesomeness.
    What parts do you know to be replaced?
    The service part and crystal. I left the original crown and pushers on, so this means no waterproof.
    Are the box and papers original to the watch?
    Negative. Purchased separately, but correct to the watch.
    Will you take it back?
    Absolutely. Only if the watch is different than presented in the photos.

2. alam Feb 19, 2017

good looking Speedy! ::love:: GLWS!

3. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Feb 19, 2017

Nice watch! glwts

You might want to edit the photo of the invoice with your address in it just for personal security.

tapaptpat and alam like this.
  4. fibonacci086 Feb 19, 2017

Nice package!!
    GLWYS

5. tapaptpat Feb 19, 2017

This is how to sell a watch.

Edited Feb 20, 2017
  6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 19, 2017

Great photos. That's how you do a sales listing!

7. trackpad Feb 20, 2017

Damn straight.

number41 likes this.
  8. Fost Feb 20, 2017

maybe some lemania FS soon :)
    Congrats to buyer and seller for this very nice one !

tapaptpat likes this.
  9. corn18 Feb 25, 2017

Watch is sold. Many thanks to OF for the space.