Forums Latest Members
  1. JetLinks Apr 28, 2020

Sorry if this is a bit of a basic question, but I need a quick bit of advice on removing links on a very nice stainless steel Ladymatic watch I gave to the Mrs the day our daughter was born.

I'm pretty sure it's a caliber 681 ST 566.0001 but haven't managed to get the damn back off yet to verify.

What I need some help with is removing some bracelet links.... they feel spring loaded (both sides) and I can't press (or knock) them out from either side.

Any advice please as the lady would like to wear her new (old) watch!

Many thanks!! IMG_20200423_143713.jpg IMG_20200423_143628.jpg

2. JwRosenthal Apr 28, 2020

I think these have those damn mini spring bars like the BOR’s and Tissot bracelets have. If I recall, you press in on one end of the pin and it should flip up while maintaining the pressure. When you get the pin past the first row and he other side does the same, then the pin slides out and you reassemble by lining it up and pushing in one side with fingernail and it slips in, then the other. It’s fussy but is all about finesse and not brute force. Once you do it- it seems like a duh moment

And as a note, sometimes they don’t completely flip out of the way, it’s kind of a cockeyed movement where you get the pin under the outer row, then the other side. And if have had then stick on one side (frozen spring bar) where some penetrating oil can work. I’ve also had them disintegrate when it came apart so be prepared.

JetLinks and wsfarrell like this.
  3. JetLinks Apr 28, 2020

Awesome!! Thanks for the detailed description and I will go give it a try now.