Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1955 Omega Seamaster 2846 Reference w/ Nearly Perfect Waffle Dial

1. seekingseaquest Oct 6, 2019

For sale or trade is another 2846 reference Seamaster, this one with a very clean white waffle dial. The dial is absolutely beautiful. The case has some wear but is unpolished or at least very close to it. The movement runs, winds, and sets well, however the service history is unknown so a service is recommended prior to regular use.

More details are below, and please let me know if you have any questions!

IMG_2578.JPG

Dial: Original white waffle dial is very clean, almost perfect. Markers and hands are in nice condition. Radium lume is intact on both the dial and the hands, but the lume on the hands and some plots on the dial have darkened. "Swiss" is present below the 6 marker as expected.

Case: Original 34.5mm 2846-1 reference case has some wear but appears to be unpolished (or close to it). Bevels on the lugs are still very sharp, and "Seamaster" and "Waterproof" are still clearly visible on the case back.

Crown: Original signed clover crown.

Crystal: Original signed crystal (Omega logo etched at center).

Movement: 500 caliber movement has some discoloration and scratches. Watch runs, winds, and sets well. Service history is unknown so a service is recommended prior to use. Serial number dates the watch to 1955. Apologies for the poor movement photos - I can bring to my watchmaker to take new ones if requested.

Strap:
    Comes with a generic 18mm brown leather strap and a steel buckle (not the strap pictured).

Price is $1100. Open to trades for non-radium 50s or early 60s Seamasters/Constellations/Conquests/Flagships (see my WTB/WTT here). Also seeking a non-radium stainless steel Polerouter.

I'll cover insured US shipping, international shipping to be discussed with buyer. OF seller reviews are here. Returns are accepted if watch is grossly misrepresented. Watch is located in Seattle, WA, USA.

IMG_2591.JPG IMG_2592.JPG IMG_2593.JPG IMG_2594.JPG IMG_2595.JPG IMG_2663.JPG IMG_2600.JPG IMG_0728.JPG IMG_0731.JPG IMG_0736.JPG IMG_0733.JPG

2. JwRosenthal Oct 6, 2019

Dude- you’re killing me!

Sidnos, mydeafcat and amcclell like this.
  3. mydeafcat Oct 6, 2019

What he said! And I’m only 2 hours north of you!