Forums Latest Members
  1. Kdoconnell Feb 16, 2020

Great site. Have the attached watch. Seems to work ok. But second hand gets stuck on section of bezel that magnifies the date. Maybe other issues, but guess that wouldnt be apparent until an expert opens it up. I brought it to an Omega shop and they said it would need to be sent off for repair at several hundred dollars.

Im a novice with a few hundred that i would be willing to put into the watch, or alternatively just sell it as is on ebay or other platform to someone who has the experience with these timepieces and could get more enjoyment out of it.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated...

20200216_192915.jpg 20200216_192930.jpg
  2. Dan S Feb 16, 2020

Would you consider posting more photos, and try to show the details of the dial clearly. There seems to be a lot of distortion in the photo, for example the word OMEGA looks crooked and weird, and we need to know if that's the case, of if the photo is to blame. At first glance, I have some concerns about the dial's originality, and you really want to make sure that the dial is legit and original before investing any more. Obviously, the luminous paint on the dial is not original, it has been replaced with an unattractive green lume, which is already an issue, but that can be fixed. More importantly, I'm concerned that the dial may have been completely redone in the past. I'm also suspecting that those hands are not correct for that dial, just based on the style of the markers.

Also, in the photo of the bak of the watch, there is something funny looking about the crown. Again maybe it is just distortion of the photo, but it looks crooked and like it is sticking out much too far.

If there is too much wrong with the watch, it would not be a good idea financially to repair it, unless it has sentimental value. Your money might be better spent on a different vintage watch that is in better condition.

chronos, ChrisN and DaveK like this.
  3. Kdoconnell Feb 17, 2020

20200217_192537.jpg 20200217_192646.jpg
  4. Kdoconnell Feb 17, 2020

Thanks so much. You are spot on about the lettering, its definitely somewhat crooked. My non-expert (and old!) Eyes didnt even pick up on it until your comment. Couple of new pics attached but apologies for not getting something clearer. It appears like not worth putting anything into it, but id be curious of what the inside would reveal...