Forums Latest Members
  1. UnauthorizedD Jul 28, 2021

Hey there watch fans and vintage experts,

I own a lot of watches including vintage pieces but mostly pieces like a Rolex Day Date or a a UG Polerouter where it´s easier to find pictures and information.
    After researching for a bit now I found an interesting watch but I can´t seem to find any other piece like it. Finding the watch in 18k gold is easy, with another dial too but with a dial that has the 6,9 and 12 markers definitly not. Was it ever built like this?

The seller says it´s a ref. 2849 SC from 1958 with the 503 movement. As a sidenote I should say that the seller is rather reputable but from my past experiences I know that even they sell weird pieces from time to time.

Thanks for the help guys.

Unbenannt1.PNG Unbenannt2.PNG Unbenannt3.PNG
    Spruce likes this.
  2. seekingseaquest Jul 28, 2021

There were hundreds of dial variants on these 50s Seamasters.. it looks original, so I’d assume it’s fine, even though you can’t find another.

3. qazwsx1 Jul 28, 2021

Are these luminous plots add later?

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 29, 2021

I go for original.
    You can see the recesses in the ends of the hour markers that are intended to position the luxe dot. May be radium that has aged to that colour, but with the sellers post processing only a physical inspection will tell the truth.

Foo2rama and qazwsx1 like this.
  5. seekingseaquest Jul 29, 2021

The lume plots are definitely bigger than they usually are.. and it’s uncommon for them to hold up quite that well.. but given lack of other tampering (aside from polishing), it’s probably fine..

6. ConElPueblo Jul 29, 2021

I've had a Calendar with the same size lume plots. Could be a period relume, but I think it is okay.