1950's Omega Seamaster

Hi all. I am new to this forum and wanted to show my watch for interest. I wear it daily and it runs beautifully. A bit dirty around the edges. Rough engraving on the back is 1956.

Yes please, sharper pictures. But I already like the blurry one, I see hooded lugs and a hobnail dial, yummie 🥰

Nice one!

Would look even better with an 'in focus' picture 😉
Your wish is my command albeit only slightly better.

Thank you and here you get one more 'like' 😀

Well loved and worn watch!

Looks like buying some Polywatch could be an option...

shopping

Welcome aboard, and what a start. What you’ve got there is an uncommon watch, especially in that configuration. We don’t see many hobnail dial 14350s around. Congrats!

Treat it well and enjoy!

Welcome aboard, and what a start. What you’ve got there is an uncommon watch, especially in that configuration. We don’t see many hobnail dial 14350s around. Congrats!

Treat it well and enjoy!
Thank you. Can you tell me more about my trusty old friend? What makes it uncommon? What about the configuration? What is a hobnail? What is 14350?

Well loved and worn watch!

Looks like buying some Polywatch could be an option...

shopping
Is polywatch a polish for the casing? Should I get it professionally serviced and cleaned?

Thank you. Can you tell me more about my trusty old friend? What makes it uncommon? What about the configuration? What is a hobnail? What is 14350?

14350 is the reference number. If you google “Omega 14350” you’ll find other examples with the same unusual shaped case. The movement will be a cal 354 “bumper” automatic, called bumper because the rotor doesn’t spin freely 360 degrees but is “bumped” back my springs. On the wrist, you might feel that every so slightly. It’s not something loose on your movement, it’s just the design.

“Hobnail” refers to the structure of the dial. It’s one of the more uncommon structured dials Omega produced back then, only to be found on examples of the early to mid 50s.

What else is there you want to know?

Here are my examples with the same “hobnail”-structure:

😀
Edited:

14350 is the reference number. If you google “Omega 14350” you’ll find other examples with the same unusual shaped case. The movement will be a cal 354 “bumper” automatic, called bumper because the rotor doesn’t spin freely 360 degrees but is “bumped” back my springs. On the wrist, you might feel that every so slightly. It’s not something loose on your movement, it’s just the design.

“Hobnail” refers to the structure of the dial. It’s one of the more uncommon structured dials Omega produced back then, only to be found on examples of the early to mid 50s.

What else is there you want to know?

Here are my examples with the same “hobnail”-structure:

😀
Thanks for the knowledgeable info. Wow, you certainly have an impressive collection, makes my 14350 pale in comparison.

Thanks for the knowledgeable info. Wow, you certainly have an impressive collection, makes my 14350 pale in comparison.
So I should probably stop gardening with it on then..

So I should probably stop gardening with it on then..

yes, perfect excuse to buy a "gardening watch"! Mine's an £80 orient diver. Also doubles as my holiday watch.

yes, perfect excuse to buy a "gardening watch"! Mine's an £80 orient diver. Also doubles as my holiday watch.
Makes perfect sense. Now that I know my Omega is 'special' I will treat it as such with the care it's worthy of.

Is polywatch a polish for the casing? Should I get it professionally serviced and cleaned?
Polywatch is for the crystal and will take out most scratches. It's easy to use.
No need for pro case cleaning a damp microfiber and a toothpick will work well.
You should have the movement serviced professionally if not done in last 5 to 10 years or history is unknown. Preventative maintenance.

Makes perfect sense. Now that I know my Omega is 'special' I will treat it as such with the care it's worthy of.
Polywatch is for the crystal and will take out most scratches. It's easy to use.
No need for pro case cleaning a damp microfiber and a toothpick will work well.
You should have the movement serviced professionally if not done in last 5 to 10 years or history is unknown. Preventative maintenance.
Much appreciate the input, I will certainly do some preventative maintenance and care. Will post pics of a 'cleaner' watch when done.

Really nice watch there, dial is unique as mentioned and quite clean with only a few small spots. Some of us really like gold furniture with a stainless steel case 🥰. Your watch would be worth a surprising amount and will likely appreciate.
Get yourself a beater gardening watch, maybe a second hand Certina

Much appreciate the input, I will certainly do some preventative maintenance and care. Will post pics of a 'cleaner' watch when done.
Really nice watch there, dial is unique as mentioned and quite clean with only a few small spots. Some of us really like gold furniture with a stainless steel case 🥰. Your watch would be worth a surprising amount and will likely appreciate.
Get yourself a beater gardening watch, maybe a second hand Certina
Kind and wise words indeed, thank you. I had no idea that my watch was such a gem. Advice noted, I will not be gardening with it on from now on. Is there a much of a market for watches like mine?