1950' Oyster Perpetual 6085 hand winding ?

Posts
468
Likes
1,167
Hello,
Maybe someone could enlight me... I found (by several serious sellers) some 1953'-1954' Rolex oyster perpetual ref. 6085 (steel case & gold bezel + crown) but with a hand winding movement, not an automatic one.
Is it possible that Rolex made hand winding watches with 'perpetual' written on the dial ?
Thanks.
Jo
 
Posts
15,943
Likes
47,863
I suspect the auto wind was worn out, and someone removed all the auto wind components, so the only way to run it would be to wind it manually.
 
Posts
468
Likes
1,167
I suspect the auto wind was worn out, and someone removed all the auto wind components, so the only way to run it would be to wind it manually.
It seems likely to me...
 
Posts
24,801
Likes
55,084
Is it possible that Rolex made hand winding watches with 'perpetual' written on the dial ?

Not IMO.