1926 Omega - Dennison Half Hunter Wrist/Trench Watch

I have recently been given the above watch by my aunt and have had a lot of fun trying to find out about it. Sadly it is currently not working and the glass face under the half hunter front case is missing but it does look really cool and seems quite rare. I would be interested in any forum comments on what I could do with it. There is no provenance with this watch, my aunt thinks it was from her late husbands side of the family and the box it is in might not give any clues as a jewellers box "J Forbes & Son - Bulawayo" from Rhodesia originally. A few facts:

SN on Movement: 5527889 and another in the movement itself which I think reads 27.9 SBN
Case - Dennison Watch Case Co. Ltd
Hallmarks on case back indicate Birmingham, the "A" in symbol indicates 1925-26, "375" and not sure what the "9" is other than 9k probably.
Sponsors mark is "A-L-D" which ties up to AL Dennison and the Dennison Watch Case Co. Ltd
There is an "F" also stamped on the case but no idea what this might indicate.
Also various lightly hand scratched codes possibly "249T", "352T", "3429" and "6139"
SN on both halves of the case is 321143
Hallmarks on case inside front "9" and "375" plus Sponsors name again "A-L-D"
The backing of the case has initials "JMO" possibly and date 6.3.28. The "O might reference Olgivy which was my Aunts married name and the date ties in with the "A" hall mark and the Omega SN number so does seem to place the watch firmly in the 1925-28 range.
The strap is pretty worn and looks old, but whether it is the original and the full strap is unknown to me. I have photographed it all as is at present.

Otherwise, I have searched the web and cannot find much similar to this particular watch so suspect it is quite rare. I am not really a watch collector but during Covid I did find and revive a 1952 pair of Swaroski binos. The cost of doing this, given the quality was infinitely less than buying a new pair and a lot of fun. Perhaps this would be the same unless there is a serious collector out there that might be interested in this time piece.

I would be interested in this forum's comments on the watch and what options I might consider. Happy for you to be as brutal as you wish!

I'm a big fan of Dennison cases, not because they are the best (although they are good) but because they were made near me and I like them.

If you want to wear it then I'd suggest getting a replacement strap from David Boettcher.

HTH

I don’t have anything really constructive to add to this thread as I’m not knowledgeable in either pocket or trench watches; however, I noticed in our private sales section there is a Dennison Half Hunter Rolex pocket watch dating very similarly to yours. Is it possible yours is a pocket watch converted to wrist watch?

https://omegaforums.net/threads/rolex-solid-silver-half-hunter-pocket-watch.134334/
Pic from sales thread
8A0F78DD-514A-4A27-A7A2-2497681BE201.jpeg

Nice looking heirloom. Although I have no knowledge on it, I recently saw this vintage advert which had a pocket watch with a half hunter (like the one from the private listings above) but Omega. Located on the bottom left.

I'm a big fan of Dennison cases, not because they are the best (although they are good) but because they were made near me and I like them.

If you want to wear it then I'd suggest getting a replacement strap from David Boettcher.

HTH
Thank you for this advice. Hope to be in the UK in August so will track David Boettcher down. Rgds

I don’t have anything really constructive to add to this thread as I’m not knowledgeable in either pocket or trench watches; however, I noticed in our private sales section there is a Dennison Half Hunter Rolex pocket watch dating very similarly to yours. Is it possible yours is a pocket watch converted to wrist watch?

https://omegaforums.net/threads/rolex-solid-silver-half-hunter-pocket-watch.134334/
Pic from sales thread
8A0F78DD-514A-4A27-A7A2-2497681BE201.jpeg

Thanks for the interest. definitely not converted, otherwise the crown would be different. This is what I think makes this watch so rare as yet to find anything similar.

Nice looking heirloom. Although I have no knowledge on it, I recently saw this vintage advert which had a pocket watch with a half hunter (like the one from the private listings above) but Omega. Located on the bottom left.
Thanks for the interest and the ad. Yes I have found quite a bit on the half hunter pocket watch but very little on half hunter wrist or trench watches and nothing on an Omega. Lots of time and fun looking though - luckily have the time to do so!!