Forums Latest Members
  1. dantheman3u4i Jul 25, 2021

2. ATWG Jul 25, 2021

Not the most attractive dial and hands, which is where most of the value sits. Also, the DON needs closer inspection, I’m on my phone and can’t properly inspect. It looks a lot newer and doesn’t match the profile of the watch, perhaps it was replaced but needs to be vetted nonetheless.

Spacefruit likes this.
  3. timoss Jul 25, 2021

The case looks like it has had some work done in spots. No extract. Otherwise seems ok.

Spacefruit likes this.
  4. NotAClue Jul 25, 2021

If it was "defectless" it would be auctioned on a major auction house instead of eBay. Not a super example but IMO the buyer made a nice deal (fingers crossed for the extract, though)...

Spacefruit likes this.
  5. ndgal Jul 26, 2021

The CB case looks to have been polished and the distinctive CB facets mostly gone.
    Newer plexi.
    Wrong crown.
    Seller from Guatemala (Sales tax + import duties)

dantheman3u4i likes this.
  6. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Jul 26, 2021

Yep, I was following this auction (too) and even considered bidding. Seller has some reputation and did respond promptly to questions. But based on the reasons listed by @ndgal above, plus the not overly attractive dial, I backed out when the bidding went over 7.5k USD. As the EU imposes rather hefty VAT on imports, it got a little too expensive to make a gamble.

Still, not a bad purchase and a very wearable 321 Speedy for the auction winner, I suppose.

Forgot to mention; I do find it striking to see @Spacefruit throw likes around without weighing in on the discussion as he usually does. Any confessions to make, perhaps? ;)

Edited Jul 26, 2021
  7. Passover Jul 26, 2021

I agree on the hands but the dial looks quite good as far as I can see on those picutres:

upload_2021-7-26_20-59-59.png