Forums Latest Members

£300+ for OEM Leather Strap..........

1. apdubb Apr 21, 2021

Hey
    I know I don't post a great deal, and its usually about straps, I apologise.

Had a quote to replace my leather PO strap (98000370) from a UK AD. £305. I only really like the integrated fit on this watch. I have a Speedy Pro which I don't mind sticking any strap on, because its not integrated and suits many different straps.

I've tried non OEM straps and they just don't fit correctly (for me). There are some on eBay in the US but with import costs would cost as much as UK AD, and they're second hand. Anyone had stuff off Swisswatchspares? Are they genuine Omega straps?

Cheers

Andy

2. stevec14 Apr 21, 2021

Hi Andy - I’ve had stuff before. They are legit, however they tend to be priced higher than buying direct from omega in my experience.

omega’s website now sell straps and they will be with you in 3-4 days. Maybe check to see if what you want is on there first.

another option although with less stock is watchobsession

cheers,
    Steve

Jeeper and apdubb like this.
  3. apdubb Apr 25, 2021

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply. I've been quoted £300+ from an AD, but Swiss Watch Spares have it at £250. I just wasn't sure about their authenticity. The OMEGA website doesn't appear to have any 22mm wide straps, that I can see. (I may have missed them) Because mine is an older watch and the strap is the one from one of the special edition (rose gold I think) watches, it doesn't seem to be on the website. It is available through dealers.

Thanks for the advice.

4. man winding Apr 26, 2021

Have you tried Jean Rousseau? They make a lot of the Omega straps. I don’t know if they do 22mm off the shelf but they’re in the UK and they also make to order so worth a try.

apdubb likes this.
  5. apdubb Apr 26, 2021

Hey Man Winding

Thanks for the reply. I have used Jean Rousseau for my Moonwatch, and I enquired previously about this style of strap but they wanted the plastic curved formers/inserts out of my current watch strap. They wanted to reuse them. I didn’t pursue it after this. I am still using that strap, I just want a replacement for the future. I guess I could send it away when and if it’s unusable. ‍♂️

6. s2000_driver Apr 27, 2021

You are better off with Omega OEM straps if you want to maintain that neat integrated look. The plastic inserts are made specifically for each model - it is not just the lug width but curvature, angle and thickness. I totally get why Jean Rousseau wanted the inserts from your current strap. Pretty much any custom strap maker will ask you for the inserts.

There is a seller from Hungary on eBay that sells original Omega straps. You might want to message him with your requirements.

apdubb likes this.
  7. apdubb Apr 27, 2021

Thanks for the reply s2000_driver. I’ve seen his page on eBay. I’ll message him.

Thanks

8. man winding Apr 27, 2021

I had no idea they did that. Great to know, thank you!

apdubb likes this.
  9. Amg786s Apr 28, 2021

What about 'Aaron Bespoke' from Canada? He makes some great fitting straps with quality hides/ exotics.

apdubb likes this.
  10. apdubb Apr 28, 2021

Thankyou. I’ll take a look.