Forums Latest Members
  1. Dominick Nov 11, 2019

Hi Forum members:
    New to the forum and interested in purchasing the Omega FOIS. Any comments on the original strap that comes with the watch. My concern is will the strap fit comfortably on a 7.5in wrist.
    Thank you,
    Dominick

2. Donn Chambers Nov 11, 2019

The strap is pretty short. I have a 6.5 inch wrist and it is on the second hole from the lug side. Based on the distance for the remaining holes, I think on your wrist it would probably be on the second to last, or last, hole, so there wouldn’t be much of the end left to put under the keepers.

But don’t let that keep you from getting one. RIOS1931 makes quite a few 19mm straps that are longer and are high quality, so you can swap one out. Or put on a 20mm strap - they will fit with a little squeezing.

3. Dominick Nov 11, 2019

Great thank you. Can I use the Omega buckle with an alternate strap?

4. Donn Chambers Nov 11, 2019

yes. The buckle is easy to remove and will fit on another strap, provided it has a 16mm taper.

Tony likes this.
  5. Evitzee Nov 11, 2019

I have the CK2998 Blue Panda (same case as the FOIS) and a 7.5" wrist. The stock strap is usable, barely. For some reason Omega's strap lengths for this model run a bit short, imo. I swapped it out for a dark blue Omega cordura strap with Omega deployant buckle. There are lots of choices for alternative straps, don't let the stock strap keep you from buying the watch.

6. stuart70 Nov 11, 2019

The FOIS looks good on a NATO as well, so that is another option

kelsey likes this.
  7. zinengineer Nov 11, 2019

I also have a FOIS and 7.5in wrists (depends on how hot/cold it is and or how much I’ve had to drink). You can see it fits on the third hole from the end. I’ve been looking at alternative bands and/or bracelets. image.jpg image.jpg

8. zoohannover Nov 12, 2019

Hijak likes this.