Forums Latest Members

Omega OEM leather strap and buckle size.

1. epc2. Sep 17, 2019

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find out the size of the Omega Speedy (sapphire
    311.33.42.30.01.002) OEM leather strap and buckle size but have read different info, I know that the Hesalite version comes with 20/16 strap and buckle but want to know if the sapphire comes also with 20/16 or 20/18 since if it comes with 20/16 you're pretty much limited to the strap that comes with it but if it's 20/18 you can try different straps like the Snoopy etc.

Please can anybody that has this info help, I've seen pics of the sapphire strap and to me it looks like it tapers less than the Hesalite but that's just an appreciation , I can be wrong.

Thanks.

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 18, 2019

Why would a 20/16mm strap which is 20 at the lugs and 16mm at the buckle prevent you fitting a different 20mm lug deployant strap like the Snoopy? That needs a different 18mm clasp anyway. If you are looking to swap buckes between straps then yes it will matter but not on the Snoopy and in any case tang buckes aren’t hugely expensive (unlike deployant clasps which are). A 20/16mm strap can be easily swapped for a 20/18mm so I can’t see the problem as they are the same at the watch end.

3. epc2. Sep 18, 2019

If it comes with a 20/18 strap , I'm under the impression that the D. buckle is the same used for the snoppy an will only need the strap and not a new buckle, Is that correct?

Thanks.