Forums Latest Members

Zenith Revival El Primero A3817

1. georgeszaslavsky May 20, 2021

gorgeous watch

2. s2000_driver May 20, 2021

I love the A386 manufacture edition and the Shadow!!!

How is the shadow holding up against scratches. I really want to get one but worried that once it starts getting scratched, the color underneath will start showing... I don't care of scratches and dings on steel but not sure about multi-tone/multi-color scratches :eek:

Edited May 20, 2021
    wristpirate likes this.
  3. maanu May 21, 2021

Always wanted a no date Zenith El Primero and it’s just perfect for me with its size, height and weight. It is one of many so not sure about the scratches yet.

s2000_driver likes this.
  4. timoss May 21, 2021

Been wondering the same...

5. brokenblinker May 24, 2021

I personally love my shadow - I just sometimes wish I had a bracelet option.

I'm thinking about trying to sell to get the 3817 - I personally can't afford to have both in the collection at the same time.

6. pitpro Likes the game. May 26, 2021

7. Fabrice M May 26, 2021

I think Zenith is really on the verge of a comeback... beautiful watches lately.

8. applebook Jun 5, 2021

Nice to see that the dial of this revival model isn't plagued by the steel A386 Revival's jagged overlapping subdial flaws (ruins that model for me).

9. Evose Jun 5, 2021

I like this iteration.

I will say, they've been banging out limited editions or variants almost annually, if not several times per year — it can be good but has kept me from purchasing as I keep waiting for their "next best thing", but no doubt this A3817 pops and brings the right amount of vintage.

10. jhross98 Jun 5, 2021

Did anyone take the plunge here? Been debating it and its back in stock...

11. maanu Jun 5, 2021

Let it show up on AD and you could have a great discount. Never buy these from their website or with no discounts.

Evose likes this.
  12. Taximoney11 Jun 12, 2021

Love the watch! The problem is no Zenith AD close by as I am in OC. I am eyeing the round case El Primero though....

JetLinks likes this.
  13. PKWU Jun 30, 2021

thanks for Zenith Taiwan's help...as there is no any zenith boutique here in Taiwan...
    finally got the watch...from my point of view....its really well made!
    image0.jpeg

Edited Jun 30, 2021
    Eve, 89-0, Pazzo and 8 others like this.
  14. amcclell Jun 30, 2021

That is a beautiful watch.

15. DTMwatch Jul 1, 2021

Beautiful watch. I like it almost as much as my Revival A385.

16. bgrisso Jul 2, 2021

how are you supposed to buy these in the USA ? When I called local ADs (California) they said this watch is boutique only, and if you go onto the Zenith website, they don't ship outside the UK ?

17. wristpirate Jul 3, 2021

18. bgrisso Jul 4, 2021

thanks. I wasn't actually using the link in thread, but I guess for some reason when I went direct to the website it must have defaulted to the UK.

I would really need to try this on in person before making a purchase, but without any boutiques in the USA, guess this is not possible.

19. JetLinks Jul 4, 2021

Yeah, I'm in the same boat but worse as I'm in central California now. I used to live in OC and am blown away that's there's no Zenith AD down there!

And with the release of yet another beautiful EP I've now got an even more difficult decision between the recently released 38mm original re-release and the Chronomaster Sport!

20. ATWG Jul 4, 2021

I love all the Zenith re-issues, they have done a masterful job of relaunching iconic timepieces. Ever since their launch, I have been debating between the A3817 and A384 and finally decided on going for the clean panda look of the A384. Once I saw the 384 in the flesh at the AD last week, it was an absolute no-brainer, it’s stunningly beautiful and the bracelet alone to me was the icing on the cake.

Zenith has a very unique opportunity to take market share from Omega and Rolex. How many more moonwatch re-editions can you possibly launch? Omega has completely saturated it’s line from the FIOS (now discontinued) to EW to Tokyo etc. I’m honestly tired of seeing so many of the same old same old with a sight twist.

As for Rolex, well there is none to be had, so why even bother discuss. Only a handful of power-sellers have access to the most desirable Sports models and dizzying premiums.

Which brings me back to Zenith. It’s a breath of fresh air seeing these superb watches with strong heritage relaunched at reasonable prices and mostly true to original specs. The fit and comfort of the GF style bracelet is next to none. Can’t say enough how pleasantly surprised I was.

Finally an option more than worthy for consideration. I had thought about purchasing an EW reissue, those plans are on hold for now.

Eve and wristpirate like this.