Forums Latest Members

Your Opinion On This Breguet Please

1. Pun Dec 9, 2021

I have come across this Le Réveil du Tsar. Classique alarm wristwatch in 18-carat yellow gold offered to me at an attractive price. Though I am looking for an alarm watch, I like JLC Momovox style better but this Breguet looks stunning..
    Please give your opinions so that I may make up my mind. Regards

Screenshot_2021_1209_224329.jpg
    Gbhulk likes this.
  2. Evitzee Dec 9, 2021

Great watch, overhauls will be a lot more than a JLC. 'Attractive' price is relative. I wouldn't buy it just because the price seems reasonable if you like the Memovox's styling better.

Dan S and Pun like this.
  3. calalum Dec 9, 2021

I would want to see better pictures. Among other things, doesn’t the Breguet nameplate seem off-center and out of balance? Have you seen and how the watch? Who is the seller? Someone known to be legitimate?

3nicewatches and marco like this.
  4. Pun Dec 9, 2021

Yes watch is positively genuine. My AD has offered me since he sold to a customer in June this year who doesn't need it. I'm getting 50% off list price. It's greed to some extent but presently I don't have an alarm watch. I know it might be just an excuse to buy another. I wonder if some owners here may render their opinion.

5. ChetBaker Dec 10, 2021

I have looked at the white gold but decided against it. It is a very busy dial and once you discover the robot face gazing at you you cannot unsee it.

Pun and Syzygy like this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 10, 2021

Personally …JLC is a way better design. This is too tarted up for my taste.

Pun likes this.
  7. Dan S Dec 10, 2021

With apologies to any owners, that's an ugly dial.