Forums Latest Members
  1. Amaury HR Sep 15, 2020

Hello my name is Amaury I am 23 years old and I love vintage Omega. My passion for Omega began when my mother gifted me my grandfathers stainless steel Seamaster (pictured bellow). I am going to post my three vintage pieces, I would like any feedback that the forum members are willing to give me on my watches for example whether they like them and or what they would say that each watch is valued at. Thank you for any feedback you may have and I look forward to becoming a regular member of the forum.

IMG_6673.jpg IMG_6670.jpg IMG_6669.jpg
  2. janice&fred Sep 15, 2020

The first 2 look good but the third might be a redial? Anyways those are 3 real nice watches for you just starting out in collecting. My first bunch of watches looked like hell and certainly weren't as high end as Omegas. I think the best of my first group was a broken Caravelle. :D

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 15, 2020

At least it kept great time...twice a day.

4. duffy7 Sep 15, 2020

Number 3 is a redial

Benbradstock likes this.
  5. Amaury HR Sep 15, 2020

Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate you all sharing some knowledge with me

6. slwoodster Sep 15, 2020

Awesome seeing a young guy collect vintage!

noelekal, DaveK and Amaury HR like this.
  7. onlyomega94 Sep 15, 2020

Nice to know that I am not the only young entusiast out there (I am 26).

To know more about the watches you would have to find the reference numbers which are on the inside of the case backs. You can either take them to a watch maker or (as I have) buy a cheap starter toolkit from eBay which will let you do it yourself. You of course will have to be careful not to scratch the watches, but I find it very interesting to be able to take the back covers off myself - and change the straps without having to take it to a watchmaker.

PS: the last is also a redial in my opinion. Seamaster text and second markers are too thick.

ZIELSZIEK and Amaury HR like this.
  8. gbesq Sep 15, 2020

Very nice looking Cosmic.

Benbradstock and Amaury HR like this.
  9. Dan S Sep 15, 2020

If it makes you feel any better, the inherited watch that got me into vintage watches is also a redial. The only bad part is that I can never offload it on eBay, like I would normally do with a re-dial, since it was my father's pride and joy. ;)

Anyway, you're off to a good start with your Omega collection.

10. Amaury HR Sep 15, 2020

I have been into vintage watches since I was about 12 years old when I bought my 1970’s two-tone champagne dial Datejust. My daily I have to admit isn’t vintage but it IS Omega. It’s a Seamaster PO 43.5mm.

On a side note I also own a 135.009 Chronostop, however, the movement has gone to shit so I am actively searching out a movement to put in that watch so that I can finally put it into my rotation.

11. Amaury HR Sep 15, 2020

Yeah to me it only adds character in this specific circumstance because my grandfather would have had the rial replaced meaning that he must have liked this replacement dial. And I am a big fan of the way the gold hour markers accent the thin gold bracelet I wear inside my watch (between my watch and my wrist).

12. krogerfoot Sep 15, 2020

Regarding redialed heirlooms, I think they make a good case for being sent to Omega for service and letting them do what they will. I like to think that our granddads and uncles knew what they were doing when they chose these luxury items and maintained them according to the customs of the time. As long as it doesn't turn out to be an Abe Lincoln's axe situation, it seems like you'd still have the same watch your ancestor cherished, although admittedly Omega service is an extravagance. Of course, the dial might be where a lot of your memories reside, so YM, as they say, MV.

Dan S and Amaury HR like this.
  13. krogerfoot Sep 15, 2020

Welcome. We have strict rules against hazing young newcomers, so no worries! We're also organizing a snipe hunt a little later and we hope you'll come along.

DaveK likes this.
  14. Amaury HR Sep 15, 2020

I am looking for a movement for a 145.009 Omega Chronostop. I currently own the watch but to movement inside mine has gone to shit. Any advice on where I might be able to pick up an original movement for this watch? I have had a watchmaker look at the movement and he claimed that it would likely cost $800 or so to repair the movement and that he wouldn’t be able to guarantee genuine parts

15. Amaury HR Sep 15, 2020

Hahaha I'll meet you on the 18th green at 9pm.

DaveK and krogerfoot like this.
  16. krogerfoot Sep 15, 2020

(Fellas he might be on to us)

DaveK and Amaury HR like this.
  17. FREDMAYCOIN Sep 15, 2020

Who’s going to take a stab at value? The first (2) 300-500 each and the last about 100 US dollars.

Amaury HR likes this.
  18. Amaury HR Sep 15, 2020

Luckily the last one wont ever be for sale! But yeah that is the range that I figured for the first two as well with my research. Thank you

19. Marsimaxam Sep 15, 2020

Welcome, young Jedi.

Amaury HR likes this.
  20. Nepomuceño Sep 15, 2020

I'm also 23 :thumbsup: welcome to the forum!

Amaury HR likes this.