Year of manufacture of a Speedmaster.

Hi Can anyone please give me the approximate date of manufacture for a Speedmaster Broad Arrow 385 150 11 with a 7 digit serial (800 xxxx). I've been told by the seller circa 2011 but need confirmation. Thanks a lot

It’s earlier than that by at least 4 years as it’s pre coax but you’ll need to provide the first 4 digits of the serial for a better answer. I suspect the serial starts 78 but they stayed in the 78s for years. At a guess it’s from circa 2005-6
Edited:

Thanks. The serial is 8004463. The movement is 3033. How do you distinguish that it's pre coax?

Here's a picture. The first digit is scraped off by the previous metal bracelet. It should be 78004463. If it's from 2006 then I've been duped.

Thanks. The serial is 8004463. The movement is 3033. How do you distinguish that it's pre coax?
Because the 3303 was never a coaxial movement, it was renamed the 3313 when upgraded and the text on the case back changed to reflect this. The Broad Arrow models were introduced using the 3303 movement in 2002 and the movement was upgraded to the 3313 around 2006-7, logically your watch was made between those dates. I’d suggest at the earlier end based on the serial number. Perhaps the watch papers are dated 2011. These were not quick sellers as they cost more originally than the Moonwatch. Is the date of manufacture important to you?

The correct PIC code for that model is formatted as 3851.50.51 on the strap or if sold on the bracelet 3851.50.00. That might help you search for more info.
Edited:

Th
Is the date of manufacture important to you?

Well if it is a 3033 and I paid for a 3313 which I believe is less reliable ? It's a disappointment. What's more the seller is a professional. I'll try to get a rebate.

Well if it is a 3033 and I paid for a 3313 which I believe is less reliable ? It's a disappointment. What's more the seller is a professional. I'll try to get a rebate.
What was it advertised as exactly? Both movements have had issues but both can be made fully reliable. The factory worked hard to iron out the early issues and if it’s had an official service even once, and been serviced anywhere in the last 5 years or so it should be absolutely fine.
Edited:

It's in french but I'm sure you see the errors : the correct ref is 38515011. I haven't the service history but with Watch Accuracy Meter I get an offset of -11 secs.

Ok so he was incorrect about the date but very vague in any case since the range is 2011-2023. Sounds like he just wasn’t sure. Nowhere does he mention the movement that I can see but in any case that model only came with the 3303. That said, if it’s not running well then you have a reason there to discuss a return of course but I’d suggest doing your research before buying next time.

You seem sure it’s not the 3551.50 he suggests. The 3851 and 3551 look pretty much the same so maybe he’s right?
Edited:

Yes definitely a lesson but the sellers are reluctant to share the serial numbers. In this case it was blurred in the photos so I couldn't check before having the actual watch in my hands. I'll try to negotiate a service (500 usd) since I like the watch even if it's not running well.

Just one last question is -11s/day tolerable for the 3033 ? What's the allowed tolerance for these watches ?

Unless it was sold as being recently serviced, then that level of timekeeping is to be expected. I’m not sure what you were expecting from a preowned watch that is at least 12 years old.

Personally no I wouldn't be happy with -11s. Minus is annoying as it is trickier to adjust for than a plus error which is easily sorted by hacking, I would just about suffer +11s. But a quick regulation could improve that perhaps. The watch is actually nearer 20 years old so I'd want to be sure it has actually been serviced at some point! Both my Broad Arrow Speedies are within +4s per day which I consider exceptional but as Dan says you can't expect miracles.

I've contacted the seller who's kind enough to send me a return voucher and will reimburse. I've used the Watch Accuracy Meter App and I guess it's good based on reviews. Thanks for your advice. I'll continue the search for one with a service history.

Isn’t there a website that lists all manufacture dates based on s/n for Omega? Can’t find it for the life of me.

Isn’t there a website that lists all manufacture dates based on s/n for Omega? Can’t find it for the life of me.
No. Not with any level of accuracy and certainly not for anything after around 2000. Collectors or dealers who have seen hundreds of watches can interpolate dates based on known watches but there’s no one size fits all reference. There is a resource specifically for Moonwatches that works up to around 1999 but it won’t work for Broad Arrows or any other kind of recent Omega. Serials now run in tight ranges per model it seems. Things are easier with vintage stuff.