X33 problem.... Need advice...

Posts
1,582
Likes
10,339
Hi OF,
I opened my x33 gen1 to make picture of the mouvement.
But when opened, the small spring? (I guess it isn't only a spring...?) seems broken, and fall off.
Do you know this part? Utility? Ref ? Do I need to change it?...

Thanks.
B.
 
Posts
30,175
Likes
77,918
There are almost no parts available for this movement, so the only 2 parts that can be purchased (by someone with an Omega parts account) are the stem for the crown, and the battery insulator.

These movements aren't really services or repaired - they are replaced for any fault.

Cheers, Al
 
Posts
8,289
Likes
19,573
an expensive picture it was 馃檨 good luck with the repair!
 
Posts
1,582
Likes
10,339
In fact, the watch is working well, so hopefully, I don't see the necessity to repair for now...
I was curious about this electrical contact anyway... maybe this is the electrical connection to "0 volt" for the caseback, for magnetic interference protection...?....
You're right, repair seems in all case very difficult... maybe an electronic specialist could weld it...
@Archer : thanks for these infos; do you think watchmakers have still access to a complete caliber?...
 
Posts
30,175
Likes
77,918
In fact, the watch is working well, so hopefully, I don't see the necessity to repair for now...
I was curious about this electrical contact anyway... maybe this is the electrical connection to "0 volt" for the caseback, for magnetic interference protection...?....
You're right, repair seems in all case very difficult... maybe an electronic specialist could weld it...
@Archer : thanks for these infos; do you think watchmakers have still access to a complete caliber?...

If they have a parts account, yes.
 
Posts
498
Likes
248
The watch has an alarm clock and its speaker is on the back cover. This part serves for electrical contact.
 
Posts
21
Likes
21
The watch has an alarm clock and its speaker is on the back cover. This part serves for electrical contact.

Yup! The only problem is that your watch won鈥檛 make any alarm sounds or chronograph start/stop noises.
 
Posts
498
Likes
248
Yup! The only problem is that your watch won鈥檛 make any alarm sounds or chronograph start/stop noises.

Quite right. I would try to fix this problem. I will assume that this is not a problem for a jeweler. And the watch will have full functions
 
Posts
1,582
Likes
10,339
Oh sh.....! yes, you all are right... no sound !!!!!!!!!!!!! 馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨
 
Posts
1,582
Likes
10,339
A X33 without its 80db alarm noise is not a X33 any more... I NEED TO MAKE IT FIX...!
Will try to visit some good watchmakers for that. Thanks for your answers!
 
Posts
8,289
Likes
19,573
Oh sh.....! yes, you all are right... no sound !!!!!!!!!!!!! 馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨

it will not be a bother in the mornings .. 馃榾
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
This does seem to call for a paper clip...
 
Posts
1,582
Likes
10,339
This does seem to call for a paper clip...
Sorry, not sure to understand... but interested... !
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
Sorry, not sure to understand... but interested... !
I鈥檓 sure someone has a link to the infamous Speedmaster paper clip fix.

in this case it should be all that hard to solder the connection back together with a brace. Perhaps a bit of small thin paper clip.
 
Posts
1,582
Likes
10,339
ok! got it... thanks... I understand now the "paper clip"... yes, it could be a good solution... especially because there is still a "hole" available for a small wire...
I will post here my trials...
 
Posts
1,453
Likes
6,532
The watch has an alarm clock and its speaker is on the back cover. This part serves for electrical contact.

And it's one heck of an alarm too. I use mine for those (hunting trip) get up long before sparrows fart wake-ups.
 
Posts
1,582
Likes
10,339
I have repaired it!.... : with aluminium paper... ! Sounds again loud 馃槣
My watchmaker confirmed he can fix it more properly, because the replacement is quite expensive:
(prices here are only Omega spare, without hour work):
- new 1666: 860eur
- only the electronic module: 309eur
- a "repaired" 1666, from Omega: 470eur