Forums Latest Members
  1. cmclee Jun 12, 2020

Hi everyone,
    I recently bought a very good condition X33 Gen 2. When I try to activate the alarm, there was no sound. I tried to test the alarm from the Count Down counter and there was no alarm sound as well.
    Can the experts here advise me what else I should try. Many thanks !

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 12, 2020

Battery.

3. killer67 Jun 12, 2020

^ change the CR2320 lithium battery

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 12, 2020

Assuming all is correct with the watch, the battery is the most likely culprit.

Or else it may be the little spring from the movement to the inner back case is missing.

Check it out, or see your watchmaker.

5. cmclee Jun 12, 2020

thanks everyone for your kind advice. Will take the watch in to change the battery and tests once the shops are open after the COVID19 restrictions.
    Will keep you posted. Cheers !

6. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 12, 2020

The San Diego Omega Botique has a watch maker on staff. You can message and ask. While it could be battery, there is another issue that the watchmaker was explaining to me that is common on this watch as it relates to the alarm. I can't recall the specifics.

7. Donn Chambers Jun 13, 2020

I believe this issue pops up if the case back is tightened too much. All other functions work, but the pressure is too much for the alarm feature. Or something like that — I recall reading a similar experience on one of the forums I frequent, but can’t find an exact thread. Maybe this is what the watchmaker was talking about.

8. duc Jun 13, 2020

I've heard this, but the version I heard was the volume is much lower; not gone altogether.

9. cmclee Jul 2, 2020

Hi,
    managed to get my X-33 battery replaced. The Alarm sound is working now. Many thanks to everyone for your valuable advice. Cheers !